Turbo Motorola Camera- Exposure slide bar stopped working today. How can I get it working?

A

AC Question

Turbo motorola Camera- Exposure slide bar stopped working today

I absolutely love the camera on my Turbo and especially the Exposure/Focus circle. This morning the Exposure part of it is missing! The Focus Circle is there but the exposure slider is gone. I have turned it on and off (the exposure setting in the camera) and rebooted the camera.

I uninstalled all updates for the app and I can now see the slider but it does not work, does not change the exposure. When I reinstall the update, the help screens all come up saying that it is available but it isn't. Settings shows it is on!

I really relied on it to photograph products. Any help is appreciated.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
You can try clearing the cache partition on your device. You can do this by turning the phone off and then holding down the power and volume down key at the same time. If that doesn't work, you might want to factory reset. If THAT doesn't work, you may want to contact Motorola or Verizon for a fix.

Adamt1227

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
Re: Turbo motorola Camera- Exposure slide bar stopped working today

I absolutely love the camera on my Turbo and especially the Exposure/Focus circle. This morning the Exposure part of it is missing! The Focus Circle is there but the exposure slider is gone. I have turned it on and off (the exposure setting in the camera) and rebooted the camera.

I uninstalled all updates for the app and I can now see the slider but it does not work, does not change the exposure. When I reinstall the update, the help screens all come up saying that it is available but it isn't. Settings shows it is on!

I really relied on it to photograph products. Any help is appreciated.

I'm having the same problem with my Droid Turbo.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Right, there was a recent update that apparently made this spotty. The problem with uninstalling updates is that you are uninstalling to a point where the exposure control was not part of the camera - that was also added with an update to the camera app, and removing updates removes *all* updates.

See also this thread: http://androidforums.com/threads/camera-auto-exposure-stopped-working-help.993177/#post-7205240 (that post tells how to get the exposure control back.)

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

After the latest camera update Motorola removed the manual focus toggle from the side wheel. Now you need to tap on the focus circle or drag it around to enable it and get the exposure slider. Can't you enable it this way?

And I agree with Doogald, uninstalling updates won't help.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

After the latest camera update Motorola removed the manual focus toggle from the side wheel. Now you need to tap on the focus circle or drag it around to enable it and get the exposure slider. Can't you enable it this way?

And I agree with Doogald, uninstalling updates won't help.
Correct - they changed the behavior from the slider being always present to a tap on the focus ring to bring it up.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Correct - they changed the behavior from the slider being always present to a tap on the focus ring to bring it up.

Did they add some sort of notice when you first open the camera to tell you that? Because there is nothing in the Play Store listing saying that the behavior changed.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

They included an animation in the Help when you open the side wheel. And in the Play Store there was a laconic "improved focus and exposure controls". But I think it's very intuitive, if you want to focus anything you're going to drag the circle enabling auto focus and exposure control. I personally
prefer this way instead of the wheel toggle.

Attachments

• 1454362310273.jpg
    1454362310273.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

I just noticed it when I touched the focus ring - I guess the "Help" illustration demonstrates the old "read instructions" admonition. Thanks for the validation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon