03-14-2016 09:36 PM
32 12
tools
    Subject says it all. Anybody else having any issues?
    02-12-2016 04:11 PM
    Not me, for now. Note 5, in the US (West Coast).
    02-12-2016 04:35 PM
    All is well on the East Coast with both my Turbo and LG G4.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-12-2016 10:32 PM
    Doin' fine. Although Verizon is a mess! MailDroid is on it, laid it all out for easy understanding. Update in the next 24 hrs.
    02-13-2016 01:08 PM
    Doin' fine. Although Verizon is a mess! MailDroid is on it, laid it all out for easy understanding. Update in the next 24 hrs.
    I don't understand?
    02-13-2016 01:20 PM
    Verizon moving their email to AOL servers, and it's creating havoc.
    02-13-2016 02:51 PM
    Subject says it all. Anybody else having any issues?
    Yep, maybe the last week or two Gmail has been acting up and won't auto sync a lot of the time and you have to go in and manually select different folders..Then it will sync. If you read the reviews in the play store it seems a good amount of others are having the same issue
    02-13-2016 10:06 PM
    Yep, maybe the last week or two Gmail has been acting up and won't auto sync a lot of the time and you have to go in and manually select different folders..Then it will sync. If you read the reviews in the play store it seems a good amount of others are having the same issue
    Ah, good, misery loves company .. and a lot of misery gets Google's attention.

Thanks, Bitterman. And go through the park, won't you? You know how I love the park ....

(Let's see if anyone gets that one ..)
    02-14-2016 09:50 PM
    Ah, good, misery loves company .. and a lot of misery gets Google's attention.

Thanks, Bitterman. And go through the park, won't you? You know how I love the park ....

(Let's see if anyone gets that one ..)
    Nice one! :-) I admit I had to Google it though, lol.
    02-15-2016 09:36 PM
    Verizon moving their email to AOL servers, and it's creating havoc.
    Thanks but would that affect the gmail app itself? Although mine is set to push I never get gmail when phone is sleeping. This has only been happening for a couple of weeks. Hope it goes away.
    02-15-2016 10:08 PM
    I also have noticed the last few days of not having my Gmail notifications sync.
    02-16-2016 01:14 PM
    Is this a gmail thing or a vzw thing?
    02-16-2016 03:40 PM
    Not syncing here.
    Droid Turbo on Verizon
    Android version 5.1
    Using the native Gmail app.
    Only have 4 Gmail accounts.

This is also affecting email on the Outlook accounts I have.
    Using the genuine Microsoft Outlook app.

Anyone have an update? Thanks.
    02-17-2016 11:39 AM
    Yes, I've been having the same problem for the last 3 weeks or so on my Verizon Samsung Note 4. I thought it started when my phone got a System Update (not Marshmallow, just some bug fixes), but maybe the timing was just a coincidence.

At first the problem was random throughout the day, but now it seems like most often it won't sync overnight. Then it seems to be pretty okay during the day once it gets its first jump start in the morning.
    02-24-2016 11:42 AM
    Yes, I've been having the same problem for the last 3 weeks or so on my Verizon Samsung Note 4. I thought it started when my phone got a System Update (not Marshmallow, just some bug fixes), but maybe the timing was just a coincidence.

At first the problem was random throughout the day, but now it seems like most often it won't sync overnight. Then it seems to be pretty okay during the day once it gets its first jump start in the morning.
    Note 3 exactly the same scenario. Fine during day. Stops pushing late at night. I am on wifi at night so vzw shouldn't matter but my razr maxx hd does not have this problem on wifi.
    02-24-2016 11:45 AM
    Note 3 exactly the same scenario. Fine during day. Stops pushing late at night. I am on wifi at night so vzw shouldn't matter but my razr maxx hd does not have this problem on wifi.
    I'm usually on wifi during the day as well as at night, so the wifi doesn't seem to make a difference as to whether the push mail works or not. As far as I've been able to figure out, there's no rhyme or reason to it at all.
    02-24-2016 02:01 PM
    I'm usually on wifi during the day as well as at night, so the wifi doesn't seem to make a difference as to whether the push mail works or not. As far as I've been able to figure out, there's no rhyme or reason to it at all.
    The ONLY time it works for me is if I start up the app and give it a second. Otherwise it doesn't notify me any time of the day or night.

Saw an update to the Gmail app on 2/22 and was so hopefully - but no fix yet.
    02-24-2016 03:01 PM
    The ONLY time it works for me is if I start up the app and give it a second. Otherwise it doesn't notify me any time of the day or night.

Saw an update to the Gmail app on 2/22 and was so hopefully - but no fix yet.
    Got the update as well but it did not fix my sync issues either. :-/
    02-24-2016 08:45 PM
    I just put my gmail into Samsung mail app to see if it updates more reliably than the Gmail app does.
    02-24-2016 09:35 PM
    I have found the Samsung app is more reliable than gmail app so far. I do still get gmail in a timely fashion sometimes but not always. My doctor sent me a gmail yesterday at 1 pm that I received at 9 only because I opened the app to send an email. I have told my wife to use sms when she wants me to see message quickly.
    02-25-2016 11:49 AM
    I have found the Samsung app is more reliable than gmail app so far. I do still get gmail in a timely fashion sometimes but not always. My doctor sent me a gmail yesterday at 1 pm that I received at 9 only because I opened the app to send an email. I have told my wife to use sms when she wants me to see message quickly.
    Settings, under accounts, Google, tap your Gmail account - is it set to sync? If you tap the name of the account, is Gmail set to sync, and is it showing any errors?

See https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6212917?hl=en

Also, just to ask, have you disabled any apps on the phone? If so, maybe one of them is affecting account sync.
    02-25-2016 11:57 AM
    Settings, under accounts, Google, tap your Gmail account - is it set to sync? If you tap the name of the account, is Gmail set to sync, and is it showing any errors?

See https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6212917?hl=en

Also, just to ask, have you disabled any apps on the phone? If so, maybe one of them is affecting account sync.
    I tried those steps. Thanks though. I will check for blocked apps.

These are my blocked apps. I doubt any would affect gmail.
    02-25-2016 12:04 PM
    I think you should bring this to a Samsung Galaxy forum - I missed the hint when you mentioned the Samsung mail app. This is a Droid Turbo forum. You may get more help there...
    02-25-2016 12:40 PM
    I think you should bring this to a Samsung Galaxy forum - I missed the hint when you mentioned the Samsung mail app. This is a Droid Turbo forum. You may get more help there...
    Ah....I just did a search of gmail not syncing and found this. I doubt this is a device specific problem so I hope you won't mind if I continue to read comments here. If you look in the play store there are many complaints about gmail failing to push properly. I suspect it is more of a vzw related issue than a device related issue.
    02-25-2016 12:44 PM
    It's definitely wifi for me. When my phone is on wifi, any wifi, the Gmail syncing almost stops except for spurts where it downloads a bunch at once.
    02-26-2016 01:52 PM
32 12