So I think I'm going to jump ship and move over to the S7 Edge...I only owe a little more on my turbo, and with getting the Gear S2 as a preorder bonus, I can easily cover my personal costs and make money on the switch. As far as I see it, the S7 Edge is one hell of a phone:

3600mah battery
    Nearly same size overall as Turbo
    Snapdragon 820
    Class leading camera (god I hate my turbo camera sometimes)
    Waterproof

Honestly, the only downsides I see are TouchWiz and the fact that the buttons are backwards. My litany of phones goes from the old HTC Thunderbolt to the Galaxy S3 to the Droid Maxx to the Droid Turbo now. Makes me feel dirty, but I kinda want to go back to Samsung now, especially with the nonsense happening with Motorola lately.

Am I crazy?
    02-25-2016 01:39 PM
    I was actually thinking about going iphone 6s plus.... My whole family are on iphones... In laws too . Never had one, but I heard from a friend who loved Android and switched, likes iphone As well. Both good devices.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-25-2016 02:00 PM
    I'm a lover of Motorola, had them since 99 or so. Can not get excited about Lenovo at all. Would never go for any other Android brand. Think I'll try iPhone just to see what it's like in November when my contract is up
    02-25-2016 09:06 PM
    I just don't ever see myself getting anything made by Apple. Just a crappy company in my opinion. I have liked the Turbo, but am also tempted by the S7. I had an S3 before the Turbo and I actually liked Touchwiz.
    02-25-2016 09:26 PM
    I'm going with the s7 edge myself. This has been a good phone but as slow as Samsung is with updates they are much better than what Verizon has given us with this phone

02-26-2016 11:05 AM
    Am I crazy?
    Nope. Buy the phone that suits you best and don't worry too much what suits other people best.

Honestly, the only downsides I see are TouchWiz and the fact that the buttons are backwards.
    I can't believe it takes all that long to get used to button placement. (In fact, I know it's fast.)
    02-26-2016 11:39 AM
    Nope. Buy the phone that suits you best and don't worry too much what suits other people best.

I can't believe it takes all that long to get used to button placement. (In fact, I know it's fast.)
    Its not that it takes long to get used to it, it's just that it's the only Android device that does it. Seems silly to me. Definitely not a deal killer, but would have loved to see it the standard layout like every other phone (I don't care about onscreen vs capacitive buttons).
    02-26-2016 11:54 AM
    No, you're not crazy. At least you better not be because I'm considering making the same switch!

• At 3600 mAh the battery issue is covered for me.
    • The camera is class leading, and with the f1.7 aperture and larger sensor pixels, it's probably the best phone camera available right now. The few low light shots I've seen are incredibly good.
    • After having bare-bones Android OS on my Droid Turbo, I'm ready to try something new. Samsung's "always on" display will be like having "Moto Display"
    • I want a fingerprint sensor.
    • Having a SD card for storage will be nice, though I've not filled up my 64GB on my Turbo yet.
    • Water resistant is nice.
    • I want a camera with OIS.
    • The Edge UX feature looks gimmicky, but as a news junkie I might like it.
    • Ability to play FLAC and .WMA files will be welcomed
    02-26-2016 12:03 PM
    Galaxy customizes a bit too much for my tastes. My wife and one of my kids have them. I had a previous Motorola phone, I have a Lenovo Android tablet and I had a couple of low end small Android tablets in the past. All Androids have their quirks but I can usually find my way around pretty easily. The Galaxy not so much; it almost doesn't seem like an Android. To be fair, my wife says that in all cases where they replaced standard components with their customized ones theirs are an improvement when you get used to them, but you have to get used to them. She downloaded a PDF once and asked for my help and I was shocked at how hard it was to find the file. Downloads wasn't there and there wasn't what I considered a standard file browser as a default application. You can certainly add a lot of that stuff and go with different launchers and whatnot (my son has customized his) but I feel like they purposefully try to isolate you from its "Androidness". Whether that is good or bad is up to you.

EDIT - I guess I should say "Samsung" but it does seem like they are a little more heavy handed with the Galaxy line than some other offerings.
    02-26-2016 12:12 PM
    She downloaded a PDF once and asked for my help and I was shocked at how hard it was to find the file. Downloads wasn't there and there wasn't what I considered a standard file browser as a default application.
    Motorola Droid Turbo does not have a standard file browser included with Android either. I don't think my Nexus 7 (2013) had one.

You can certainly add a lot of that stuff and go with different launchers and whatnot (my son has customized his) but I feel like they purposefully try to isolate you from its "Androidness". Whether that is good or bad is up to you.
    Yes, I would use Nova Prime as my Launcher no matter what phone I got.
    Davidoo likes this.
    02-26-2016 02:06 PM
    I'm in the same boat as I just returned the Droid Turbo 2 for quality issues, and the S7 (Edge is too big) looks phantastic (phenomenal and fantastic) except for it's candy-colored interface (which I have to pay to change themes) and the reversed Back/Menu buttons that are too far apart for my short thumbs one-handed and keep turning off so I'm sure where exactly to tap (usually I don't even have to look on other phones, it's just peripheral).

The S7's specs are what's selling it for me though; 5.1" screen, Snapdragon 820, large battery, enough storage; I really dislike some of their interface things but as an almost die-hard Motorola user, for once the Galaxy is making me want to buy one.

02-28-2016 09:04 AM
    I was playing with the S7 yesterday and it's amazing how much they're trying to emulate the iPhone; pathetic, really. They hide the menu/back buttons ASAP so just the middle fingerprint button is there, they candy-color it, and now it's got rounded sides and front glass just like the iPhone. That does look better to me than the previous Galaxy, but I think they'd do better if they stopped being suh try-hards and just went a little bit more like standard Android as well as let me customize the interface a bit (change theme to dark for free, de-colorize menu options so it doesn't look like Skittles everywhere).

02-28-2016 09:10 AM
    I'm in the same boat as I just returned the Droid Turbo 2 for quality issues, and the S7 (Edge is too big)
    What? The S7 Edge is only 1 mm longer than the Droid Turbo 2 and it is 5 mm narrower.

It is 7mm longer than the Droid Turbo 1 and 0.7 mm narrower.
    02-28-2016 12:45 PM
    I don't think I could ever switch to a non-Moto phone now that I've been using Moto Actions for 1 1/2 years....

03-11-2016 09:53 PM
    Once Motorola stared killing it with the battery life with the razer maxx I switched from htc. I had the razer maxx, maxx and then turbo. My contact is up in November but decided to switch after all the reviews and give the s7( not the edge version)a try. Never had a Samsung phone. So far the phone is very nice. With a case on its the same size as the turbo without a case. My last charge I got 2 days and 6 hours out of it with light use. About the same I would get with the turbo. Only thing I miss alittle is motorolas active screen. Can't wait to try out the free gear vr whenever they ship that to me!
    PowrDroid likes this.
    03-15-2016 07:45 PM
    Have to say that my switch to the S7 Edge has been great so far. I'm getting the exact same battery life so far as the Turbo did and it's only been a few days so naturally I've been tinkering and toying around a lot. Phone is much faster/snappier and looks so much better. In lieu of Moto Display, I've been using Dynamic Notifications, which is making up about 85% of the difference that Moto Display used to do (wish I could wave to see the clock, but I'll live). Used Nova Prime to get my home screen and app drawer to look the way I want, and I applied the free material dark theme to make it look as close to stock as possible and it has been great.
    PowrDroid and doogald like this.
    03-16-2016 08:59 AM
    I have been tempted by the camera and the screen, but just cannot get over Touchwiz. After being on Moto since the Droid X, I have come to love the new "skinless" Android. I want a new phone, but, haven't found anything compelling enough to give up my Turbo. Was really tempted by the Nexus 6P, but, I won't buy a phone on a payment plan and don't have $400+ I can justify spending on a phone upgrade. Maybe the next Turbo version will be so much better in the camera that I won't be able to justify staying on my original Turbo.
    03-16-2016 10:04 AM
    My last charge I got 2 days and 6 hours out of it with light use. About the same I would get with the turbo. Only thing I miss alittle is motorolas active screen.
    Have to say that my switch to the S7 Edge has been great so far. I'm getting the exact same battery life so far as the Turbo did and it's only been a few days so naturally I've been tinkering and toying around a lot. Phone is much faster/snappier and looks so much better. In lieu of Moto Display, I've been using Dynamic Notifications, which is making up about 85% of the difference that Moto Display used to do (wish I could wave to see the clock, but I'll live). Used Nova Prime to get my home screen and app drawer to look the way I want, and I applied the free material dark theme to make it look as close to stock as possible and it has been great.
    Thanks for the info. Scupking--what do you think of TouchWiz?

Do you guys miss Moto Voice? I've found that I use that quite a bit.
    03-16-2016 10:12 AM
    I never really used it. I don't like to talk to my phone...feels weird to me haha. I rarely even use voice input for typing, but that's just a nature of the environments I'm normally in. I honestly don't even notice TouchWiz - once you apply the material dark theme and use Nova, it looks just like stock.
    03-16-2016 11:21 AM