So I dropped my Droid Turbo the other day and the LCD/Digitizer beneath the glass screen has cracked and now there is no visual display from the phone. I talked to Verizon and my phone isnt covered under warranty because the phones back plate is also damaged and I talked to Motorola and there was nothing they could do about it either. I was wondering if there is any way that I can recover my files from the phone? My PC recognizes it when i plug it in but I cant access the files because the phones locked and i cant unlock it without a screen. And since the Turbo isn't MHL compatible I cant do the thing where i hook it up to an adapter and plug in a mouse and an HDMI cable and recover things that way. Are there any programs or tricks to use in order to get my files back? I downloaded the Android Studio SDK thing but I don't know how to use it and I don't know what to do with ADB. Is there a way i can emulate the screen? My phone ISN'T rooted and i cant remember if i had USB debugging enabled. Any help would be great!
    04-10-2016 12:30 AM
    The Droid should act like a USB external disk if plugged into PC. However, if you must access the data, just buy another screen, they are less than $100. Install isn't that difficult, providing you have the proper tools.
    04-10-2016 12:37 AM
    The screens I've seen are all $145 and upwards in price because of the LCD portion of it. Unless you can guide me to a place where I can find a cheaper replacement? I was just going to replace screen and backplate but I dont know for sure if the phones motherboard is 100% functioning, but i think it is.
    04-10-2016 12:49 AM
    Also, the Turbo seems to vibrate every now and then even when its not plugged into anything. Is that a bad thing or is it something else?
    04-10-2016 01:01 AM
    Well I installed the Verizon Cloud app onto my current fill-in phone and it seems to be recovering the photos that were taken from my Droid Turbo and installing them onto the iPhone 5.
    04-10-2016 01:31 AM