I have a rooted Droid turbo xt1254 thru Verizon and use "Cloud Magic" for my email client (which includes g mail) . I use "Textra" for messaging. I use Cyanogenmod 13 (RR--Marshmallow ) for my rom.

My question is I periodically have to do a system restore of an older backup thru twrp. Sometimes restoring a several weeks old back up. Is there an app or someway that restores texts from the missing time period from the backup to the date of the restore?
    04-11-2016 12:08 AM
    Half of what you said didn't make sense to me... this may not relate to what you're asking, but I use SMS Backup and Restore, set to automatically back up all my texts (including attachments) every night to my Drive. I can then restore texts to another phone or this one if something happens and I lose my texts.

Posted via Turbo
    04-11-2016 12:12 AM
    Sorry for the confusion. My phone/rom recently went into a boot loop and I had to restore my backup from/using twrp. The backup that I restored was not real current (a couple of weeks old). I lost all of my texts that I made from the time of the backup until the time I restored it. The only texts that appeared were the ones from the backup, not the later ones that I had made while on the rom when it went into a boot loop.

Does the app you suggested restore both roms texts?
    04-11-2016 12:24 AM
    Sms backup and restore will restore texts that it's backed up, no matter what android os is running.

I always use another app called sms backup +, which backups texts as you send and receive them to an archived label on your gmail account. It can also backup call logs to both a gmail archive and a google calendar if you want as well.

One thing to know is that these apps can back up mms messages but cannot restore them. I can't remember, but this may also affect group text messages (which are technically sent as mms most of the time.) But with sms backup +, you can still read the mms messages in your gmail account.
    04-11-2016 06:36 AM
    Ok, Thx both. I will try those. Thx ☺️
    04-11-2016 07:38 AM
    i use the verizon message+ app on RR. it works perfect for that and its very customizable. I know, i didn't think it was possible a good app could actually come from verizon either.
    another reason i use it is because i know my texts are already going through verizon servers, which is bad enough, i don't want any other service putting their grubby little hands on them.
    04-11-2016 08:59 AM
    i use the verizon message+ app on RR. it works perfect for that and its very customizable. I know, i didn't think it was possible a good app could actually come from verizon either.
    another reason i use it is because i know my texts are already going through verizon servers, which is bad enough, i don't want any other service putting their grubby little hands on them.
    I use Verizon Message+ as well. I absolutely love the multiple device sync. Use Message+ on my desktop, my work iPhone, my iPad, my Fire HDX tablet, my Macbook, and of course my personal Verizon DROID Turbo2.

All devices are sync and messages are retained for 90days, but I can export messages if I chose.

Also, the Verizon Cloud backs up my messages as well.

I have no fear of losing any messages, when I use this combination of Message+ and Cloud.
    04-11-2016 10:14 AM
    Oh, I forgot to mention, the thing I like about SMS Backup+ is that the backup happens as messages are received. You don't have to set a schedule. I believe that SMS Backup and Restore runs on a schedule (at least the last time I used it). And by backing up to gmail, you won't lose messages compared to backing up to local storage if the phone is lost, stolen, gets wet, etc.
    04-11-2016 10:34 AM
    The only thing is, it's a Verizon app 😕.
    Call me bull headed, but try other apps first instead of Verizon and google stuff, if I can. 😐
    But, I will check it out. Hadn't even crossed my mind.
    04-11-2016 11:16 AM