I used to connect my OTG USB drive and/or a USB mouse, but now nothing OTG works anymore.
    Any chance there was an update that broke it, or maybe some other app that I installed?

Any ideas?

NOTES: the OTG USB flash drive still works with my Windows computer (ran chkdsk and no errors found). It also still works with other Android phones and tablets of different makes/models.
    The OTG cable/adapter still works with other Androids, and so does the mouses that I'm testing with.
    04-18-2016 06:40 PM
    No updates that broke OTG. Mine's working fine . Hate to say this but you may have to do a FDR .
    04-18-2016 07:44 PM
    I just can't accept that as the final explanation.....at least not yet. lol

Anybody else?
    04-19-2016 09:46 AM
    Does OTG work when you restart in safe mode (long press power until you see the power off prompt, as usual, but then long-press the power off screen control until you get the message about restarting in safe mode.)

If it works in safe mode, it's almost surely an issue with an app that you have installed.
    BiRONIC likes this.
    04-19-2016 10:02 AM
    @doogald
    Thanks for the tip. Just tried it, but no-go; it still didn't work (neither the OTG USB flash drive, nor the mouse) in Safe Mode.
    04-19-2016 10:44 AM
    By the way, now that I've booted back up after Safe Mode, all of my homescreen widgets are gone.
    Is that normally expected behavior after booting into Safe Mode; that they'd be gone when booting back up normally?
    04-19-2016 11:00 AM
    By the way, now that I've booted back up after Safe Mode, all of my homescreen widgets are gone.
    Is that normally expected behavior after booting into Safe Mode; that they'd be gone when booting back up normally?
    It might be. I only use a couple of homescreen widgets, and I don't recall that it had a problem after starting in safe mode (which I haven't done all that often, either.) I'm not big on widgets, obviously. I'm sorry if I didn't warn you about it, but, honestly, I didn't know it was an issue.
    04-19-2016 11:10 AM
    It might be. I only use a couple of homescreen widgets, and I don't recall that it had a problem after starting in safe mode (which I haven't done all that often, either.) I'm not big on widgets, obviously. I'm sorry if I didn't warn you about it, but, honestly, I didn't know it was an issue.
    Well, it's annoying, but certainly not your fault.

Ya, I'm not big on widgets either. I only have a couple, and one of them is only for testing various things.
    So, No big deal.

I guess I'm looking at a FDR sometime soon, but I will hold off for a bit longer to see if anything else pops up.
    Thanks for your efforts on this.

p.s. Besides removing all of my homescreen widgets, apparently using Safe Mode also logs user out of apps; I'm now going through, one-by-one and re-logging into apps that have been running with me logged in for months if not years. Again though, not your fault. I put the blame for this added frustration on whatever caused the OTG thing. If that was me somehow, so be it lol
    04-19-2016 11:21 AM
    It's always worth it to try safe mode before a factory reset.

Two other things come to mind:

1. Have you disabled any pre-installed apps on the phone? I can't imagine that it would be possible to disable something to with OTG, but, if so, maybe one of the disabled apps affects OTG?

2. Have you tried wiping the cache partition? That will not lose any apps or data like an FDR, but it's fixed weird issues before. See https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,9277
    04-19-2016 11:55 AM
    It's always worth it to try safe mode before a factory reset.

Two other things come to mind:

1. Have you disabled any pre-installed apps on the phone? I can't imagine that it would be possible to disable something to with OTG, but, if so, maybe one of the disabled apps affects OTG?

2. Have you tried wiping the cache partition? That will not lose any apps or data like an FDR, but it's fixed weird issues before. See https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,9277
    1. I don't think so.
    I'm not even rooted. Not sure if there is anything I could actually disable in the way you're talking about without root, but if so, I'm open to ideas. It's entirely possible that I did manage to disable something I guess.

2. Well, I know how, and I do it once in a while. I guess I will give that a shot and see what comes of it.
    Thanks.
    04-19-2016 12:28 PM
    1. I don't think so.
    I'm not even rooted. Not sure if there is anything I could actually disable in the way you're talking about without root, but if so, I'm open to ideas. It's entirely possible that I did manage to disable something I guess.
    Then you probably didn't, and that's probably not the issue. You can disable some pre-installed and system apps without root access. But going into settings / apps you may see that one of the pages is "disabled", and any disabled apps will show up there. From there you can tap them and re-enable them. Apps do not disable by themselves - you must do it yourself, so if you don't remember doing so, you probably didn't.
    04-19-2016 02:49 PM
    Then you probably didn't, and that's probably not the issue. You can disable some pre-installed and system apps without root access. But going into settings / apps you may see that one of the pages is "disabled", and any disabled apps will show up there. From there you can tap them and re-enable them. Apps do not disable by themselves - you must do it yourself, so if you don't remember doing so, you probably didn't.
    OK, thanks.
    I will go in and check that in a little bit (or so I hope).
    As of now, I'm still waiting on it to get done doing the cache wipe (which I've done many times previously in the year and a half that I've had this phone) that I told it to start over an hour ago.
    I've seen it take like 20 minutes before, and thought that was excessive, but this is jut ridiculous. lol
    04-19-2016 03:38 PM
    OK, so, after trying a few different button combinations, it finally changed tunes and came back to reality.

When I go into 'Apps', I only see the three usual tabs, Downloaded, Running and All. No Disabled tab.
    Also, after cache wipe, still no OTG.
    04-20-2016 09:08 AM