I have a Motorola Droid Turbo (it's a little more than one year old). I'm already successfully using the Square magnetic strip reader with it - but have to move up to the new Square Chip Reader. Tech specs on the chip reader indicate it works with Android 4.0. My phone is running 5.1. But it's not on Square list of compatible phones. Will it work? Is anyone successfully using the new CHIP READER with a Motorola Droid Turbo?
    05-05-2016 08:26 AM
    I have a Motorola Droid Turbo (it's a little more than one year old). I'm already successfully using the Square magnetic strip reader with it - but have to move up to the new Square Chip Reader. Tech specs on the chip reader indicate it works with Android 4.0. My phone is running 5.1. But it's not on Square list of compatible phones. Will it work? Is anyone successfully using the new CHIP READER with a Motorola Droid Turbo?
    Mine works with the regular Square reader using Square Register app. I have not tried the new chip reader though.
    05-08-2016 10:51 PM
    If you're taking about the new "puck" style reader that connects via Bluetooth, I can confirm that it does indeed work with the Droid Turbo. I've successfully processed chip transactions with it but haven't tried any NFC type payments yet.
    05-09-2016 09:35 AM