I recently went to a Samsung S7 Edge....and all I can think about is my Turbo! Can't root the S7 like my Turbo. So all the ads are back, all the bloat ware is back....the only thing that I could see an improvement is the camera. But I miss the chop chop flashlight, camera twist, activate display with hand wave....etc. Samsung tried to copy it with their "always on" display, but it doesn't even show notifications....just the time. Blah!

Also due to my rooted custom rom Turbo, battery life was fantastic, not to mention physically bigger as well.

Screen dpi is the same, it just has a little bigger screen.

OK OK, rant over. I'm switching back tomorrow..... 😁

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-06-2016 10:01 PM
    05-07-2016 12:17 AM
    Me too !!!!

I hated it. I tried it out for 14 days. Just got back my Ultra and didn't realize how much I missed it.
    05-07-2016 12:57 PM
    Sadly, the Droid turbo will not work on Sprint. Even though they share some of the same bands, Sprint would not allow it on their network:-(

05-08-2016 11:33 AM
    should I switch to the Turbo? I like the Ultra (which I think is Maxx except thinner due to smaller battery)

I don't want a phone any larger than the Maxx or Turbo
    05-08-2016 02:33 PM
    Have a Moto Maxx XT1225, which as you all know, is unlocked. Running Resurrection Remix on it, and it's awesome. But I gotta confess, I've stuck with my used (off Swappa) S7 Edge since I got it almost two months ago. Screen is far nicer, phone is faster, bloatware is minimal (due in part to using Package Disabler Pro, although it had less to begin with than I expected)...yeah, my rooted XT1225 is awesome, but it hasn't pulled me back from the more advanced Edge yet.

05-24-2016 06:40 PM
    Have a Moto Maxx XT1225, which as you all know, is unlocked. Running Resurrection Remix on it, and it's awesome. But I gotta confess, I've stuck with my used (off Swappa) S7 Edge since I got it almost two months ago. Screen is far nicer, phone is faster, bloatware is minimal (due in part to using Package Disabler Pro, although it had less to begin with than I expected)...yeah, my rooted XT1225 is awesome, but it hasn't pulled me back from the more advanced Edge yet.

This is comparing Apples to Oranges (not a comparison of two current Gen Flagships). The S7 Edge is a brand new, current generation flagship that is two Generations newer than the Turbo (I am talking about the GS5 is the same generation flagship from Samsung). The Turbo is now on Clearance from Verizon for ONLY $240 which is a great price for a former flagship that is probably as fast (maybe faster) than my LG G4 (with the Snapdragon 808 - 6 core, two high end A57 and two low end A53 core). Cameras don't really compare, no replaceable battery, no micro SD, better battery life and nicer screen. It's competition is a brand new GS5 for $259 (Verizon model), a brand new G4 (Best Buy clearance - might be gone) for $299.

Any body see anything better in this price range for Verzion.
    06-07-2016 03:26 PM