Droid Turbo in Israel?

Bebusy

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, does anybody know if the Turbo can be used in Israel? If so, what do I need to do?
Mine is not rooted.

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Are you a Verizon customer taking it to Israel, or somebody who lives in Israel who wants to put in a local SIM?

If it is the latter, the Turbo is not SIM-locked and supports GSM bands, so you should be able to get it to work if you get a local SIM (the Turbo uses a nano SIM). In mobile network settings, you may want to change the preferred network to "Global" or "GSM/UMTS/LTE" (though there are some CDMA networks there, too, so I'd leave it at "Global" to start.)

LTE probably may not work, though.

If you are a Verizon customer, yes, the phone will work in Israel on local carriers with a Verizon SIM (in other words, the phone will roam.) Verizon has international calling, texting, and data plans that you can add to your account, but they are expensive. ($40 for 100 MB of data and 100 minutes of calling, $25 for 100 MB of data and calls at $1.79/minute and texts at 0.50 to send and 0.05 to receive, or $10 a day for your current plan minutes and data [they only charge you the $10 if you make a call, text, or use data that day.])

Bebusy

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. I am a Verizon customer going to Israel for a trip. I appreciate the help.

Posted via the Android Central App