I did not intentionally change a setting, but my notification cards are no longer appearing on the unlock screen. When I hit the power button, I am prompted to enter my PIN, whereas previously I would see the notification cards and then swipe up to get to the PIN entry.

I have the Notification settings set to show all notifications.

I am running Android 5.1 on a Verizon Motorola DROID Turbo.
    05-22-2016 02:44 PM
    Welcome to the forums! Go to settings - sounds & notifications - when screen is locked and make sure that 'show all notification content' is checked.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-22-2016 02:49 PM
    Welcome to the forums! Go to settings - sounds & notifications - when screen is locked and make sure that 'show all notification content' is checked.
    When screen is locked - Show all notifications is checked. I am not seeing any notification cards in spite of that.
    05-22-2016 11:09 PM
    Hello Pete, thanks for registering! There could be some conflict with a third party app. Sometimes having an Exchange account or apps like Clean Master can interfere with the lock screen. Go to settings - security - device administrators and see what's checked in that list. Also, you could try safe mode to know for sure if there's a conflict with an app that you downloaded or a system bug.

Have you defined any interruption in your settings or using Ambient display?
    05-23-2016 06:18 AM
    I have my ringer on vibrate, but set to All notifications (not Priority or None). Ambient display is not checked.

The following items are checked under Device administrators: Local Wipe Policy, Android Device Manager, Email, Support & Protection, and Android Pay. Unchecked are: Motorola Device Policy and Outlook Device Policy.

I rebooted in safe mode and I did not notice anything unexpected. Many apps were grayed out, as expected. However, no notification cards showed on the unlock screen. What should I be looking for?

Once I have logged in, I can swipe down from the top and see the notification cards from any home screen. They are just not showing on the unlock screen.

Thanks for all of your help. I look forward to the next idea to try.

Pete
    05-23-2016 10:23 AM
    It's possible that some of the apps included under device administrators could be the cause of the problem. Do you remember adding any app or email account right before the notifications disappeared? Is this a personal phone or company owned? I'm asking this because the 'local wipe policy' is included in that list. Do you have any account in your phone related to a corporation, school or public office?
    05-23-2016 10:47 AM
    I figured it out! Somehow, under Security, the Power Button Shows Screen Lock had gotten checked. I unchecked it and, Voila!

Thanks.
    Javier P likes this.
    05-23-2016 05:55 PM
    Glad you managed to fix it! See you around the forums!
    05-23-2016 05:58 PM