Just curious as to what would cause the stock email app to stop displaying the badge count on the app. This happened before and rebooting the phone fixed it but that didn't work this time. Also in settings I have "notifications" checked. Other stock apps show the badge count like gmail, messaging, voicemail, etc. Not a big deal, but it doesn't make sense.
    05-29-2016 11:17 AM
    It could just e a glitch. You can try clearing the data for that app or try clearing your phone's cache partition.
    05-29-2016 11:33 AM
    I suppose another idea is to wipe data and cache on the app called "badger" (which Motorola uses to write the badges on icons - a clever kludge, but, as you see, not necessarily reliable - android had no Api for this.)

I use the Google Now launcher so I don't get badges, and, honestly, I don't miss them one bit. The notification bar is enough to tell me which apps have unread items.
    05-29-2016 11:38 AM
    It could just e a glitch. You can try clearing the data for that app or try clearing your phone's cache partition.
    Thanks, I tried cleared the cache but that didn't work. And when I tried to clear the data I got a warning message, so I didn't continue. What happens when you clear the data?
    06-03-2016 07:53 PM
    I suppose another idea is to wipe data and cache on the app called "badger" (which Motorola uses to write the badges on icons - a clever kludge, but, as you see, not necessarily reliable - android had no Api for this.)

I use the Google Now launcher so I don't get badges, and, honestly, I don't miss them one bit. The notification bar is enough to tell me which apps have unread items.
    Good idea, but on the "badger" app I don't have the option to wipe data or cache. It only allows me to force stop.
    06-03-2016 07:57 PM
    If it's an IMAP account, delete the mail account and add it back again.
    06-03-2016 08:05 PM
    If it's an IMAP account, delete the mail account and add it back again.
    Deleted Yahoo and Hotmail from the email app, added them back, rebooted the phone and still no notification badge. Well at least Gmail still works.
    06-06-2016 07:40 PM
    Deleted Yahoo and Hotmail from the email app, added them back, rebooted the phone and still no notification badge. Well at least Gmail still works.
    Stop using the crappy default mail app and add the Yahoo and Hotmail accounts to the Gmail app (which can now support POP3 and IMAP accounts)?
    06-06-2016 08:07 PM
    Stop using the crappy default mail app and add the Yahoo and Hotmail accounts to the Gmail app (which can now support POP3 and IMAP accounts)?
    Haha.. that's the solution. I tried that once a while ago, forget why I went back to the regular email app. But that's what I'm going to do now. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edit: Added the email accounts to Gmail and ten minutes later, removed them because it's a mess. No default "all accounts" view , when you open gmail app you have to then open the side menu and select. Also, the Gmail app keeps downloading years worth of deleted emails from Yahoo and Hotmail. After ten minutes of deleting emails and still hundreds of emails from 2013 were popping up, I remembered why I went back to the regular email app haha. Maybe I'll try a third-party app.
    06-06-2016 10:53 PM