Sudden battery drain?

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Have any of you experienced your phone shutting down unexpectedly at 30% then when you turn it back on its at zero? Or reboots at 20% anything like that?

Over on the Note 4 forums this has become a thing. Some are saying its a result of fast charging. I think it's a defective battery. I figure the turbo came out around the same time and has fast charging and if it's quick charge that's killing batteries a year in, the turbo should be experiencing this as well. People over there are saying 'just get a new battery' which is simple enough but not if you have a Droid Turbo.

Posted via the Android Central App

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have not had your device before, but if the battery is shutting down unexpectedly at 30% and it is doing overall wonky stuff, it could be that your battery is either corrupt on simply on its way out. I would see if you can determine whether or not the battery thing is actually the culprit and if so, replace it; or if it is a software thing and so maybe a factory reset can fix the problem. Do you have tha latest software installed?

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The latest stupid Verizon will give me. But yes.. Many note 4's from from different carriers are starting to do this about after a year of use. I'm posting here just to see if it's a crappy battery thing or a quick charge thing.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Have any of you experienced your phone shutting down unexpectedly at 30% then when you turn it back on its at zero? Or reboots at 20% anything like that?

Over on the Note 4 forums this has become a thing. Some are saying its a result of fast charging. I think it's a defective battery. I figure the turbo came out around the same time and has fast charging and if it's quick charge that's killing batteries a year in, the turbo should be experiencing this as well. People over there are saying 'just get a new battery' which is simple enough but not if you have a Droid Turbo.

I've been reading this forum since October 2014 and I've never heard of this sort of battery symptom in Droid Turbo. I use the fast charging power supply that came with my Turbo almost exclusively for charging my phone.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
That's what I thought. Thanks. I think these batteries or bad software that's killing them on the Note 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21