Have any of you experienced your phone shutting down unexpectedly at 30% then when you turn it back on its at zero? Or reboots at 20% anything like that?

Over on the Note 4 forums this has become a thing. Some are saying its a result of fast charging. I think it's a defective battery. I figure the turbo came out around the same time and has fast charging and if it's quick charge that's killing batteries a year in, the turbo should be experiencing this as well. People over there are saying 'just get a new battery' which is simple enough but not if you have a Droid Turbo.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-31-2016 11:16 AM
    I have not had your device before, but if the battery is shutting down unexpectedly at 30% and it is doing overall wonky stuff, it could be that your battery is either corrupt on simply on its way out. I would see if you can determine whether or not the battery thing is actually the culprit and if so, replace it; or if it is a software thing and so maybe a factory reset can fix the problem. Do you have tha latest software installed?
    05-31-2016 02:11 PM
    The latest stupid Verizon will give me. But yes.. Many note 4's from from different carriers are starting to do this about after a year of use. I'm posting here just to see if it's a crappy battery thing or a quick charge thing.

05-31-2016 04:15 PM
    Have any of you experienced your phone shutting down unexpectedly at 30% then when you turn it back on its at zero? Or reboots at 20% anything like that?

Over on the Note 4 forums this has become a thing. Some are saying its a result of fast charging. I think it's a defective battery. I figure the turbo came out around the same time and has fast charging and if it's quick charge that's killing batteries a year in, the turbo should be experiencing this as well. People over there are saying 'just get a new battery' which is simple enough but not if you have a Droid Turbo.

I've been reading this forum since October 2014 and I've never heard of this sort of battery symptom in Droid Turbo. I use the fast charging power supply that came with my Turbo almost exclusively for charging my phone.
    05-31-2016 06:48 PM
    That's what I thought. Thanks. I think these batteries or bad software that's killing them on the Note 4.

05-31-2016 11:36 PM