Loved this Phone from day 1 but lack of support from Verizon with updates has me thinking time to go to another phone. Why no updates?? Any word on when??

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-01-2016 09:58 PM
    forget verizon and update it yourself. just dont take the latest update from verizon or you'll be screwed. Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo
    06-01-2016 11:12 PM
    It's still on the list to be upgraded to MM by Verizon.
    06-01-2016 11:47 PM
    Sunshine should still work, I imagine. Hell, a stagefright vulnerability still exists after the last 'micro' update. Best to unlock the bootloader while you have the chance.
    06-02-2016 01:31 AM
    I'm not very good at doing this...is there a step by step instructions

06-02-2016 09:18 AM
    Sunshine should still work, I imagine. Hell, a stagefright vulnerability still exists after the last 'micro' update. Best to unlock the bootloader while you have the chance.
    not if you took the lastest SU4TL-49 update
    06-02-2016 11:10 AM
    Loved this Phone from day 1 but lack of support from Verizon with updates has me thinking time to go to another phone. Why no updates?? Any word on when??

Why? What will a Verizon update do for your phone?

Magically make it better?
    06-02-2016 11:16 AM
    not if you took the lastest SU4TL-49 update
    Really?!??!!!? Damn! Those boogers at Big Red nixing bootloader unlock with an exclusive update for that alone?? All while leaving stagefright and MM updates hanging out in the cold. New low, even for them!
    06-02-2016 11:22 AM

I have the Droid Turbo 2 since my Droid Turbo died. I essentially went from Lollipop to Marshmallow on what is essentially the same device, for all intents and purposes. I do not see any significant differences with Marshmallow that makes me say, "Man, I wish they put it on the Turbo already."

If you're one of those who MUST have THE LATEST operating system for a phone regardless, then yeah, you probably do need to look at another phone. The issue is while there is still a promise of MM coming to the Turbo, there are also documented times in which a Motorola/Verizon promise (more the latter) is backpedaled. I realize you are aware of this. Also, the official site for Motorola Android OS updates says the Turbo original will be upgraded "pending partner support," which tells me Verizon is probably not going to do it. The Turbo original is approaching two years of being out, Verizon is pushing the Turbo 2 more, and it just doesn't make business sense to update the Turbo. Not saying it's right to ignore the Turbo original, but from their standpoint, why update the original when you can entice into the sequel?

In summary, I would not get caught up in the OS ordeal. It isn't like, say, going from Windows 7 to 8, or Windows 7/8 to 10, and seeing radical changes. You're not going to find many changes of merit that makes you realize you were living a poor smartphone man's life. If your phone is working fine, I wouldn't worry about it. The grass always appears greener on the other side of the fence, so just appreciate the grass you do have.
    Tim Bell1 and anon(9227267) like this.
    06-04-2016 03:33 AM