I have the original Turbo 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone. I am due for my 2 year upgrade in November..
    With the lack of updates (MM and more so security updates) and 2 new hardware phones (Turbo 2 and now the Z Force) I can't see any reason to buy a Droid of any style..
    I am waiting to see the next version of Nexus phone.
    Anyone disagree and think I should stick with Droids from Lenovo/Motorola?
    06-11-2016 04:41 PM
    Anyone disagree and think I should stick with Droids from Lenovo?
    With all of the problems the T2 is having - phones that won't charge; green line on displays; Motorola not honoring the warranty for broken displays, but instead saying that any damage is caused by by neglect, so not covered under warranty; Motorola saying they will repair phones in 5 days but instead taking months - no, I don't disagree. Lenovo has to prove to me that they are serious about supporting their phones before I will ever buy a Moto again. Not only that - I'd only buy an unlocked phone, as Droid brand phones lag when it comes to updates.

If the Moto Z unlocked worked on Verizon, maybe - but it won't, so I wouldn't buy a Moto Z.
    06-11-2016 09:54 PM
    My last moto. Ever.
    HTC 10 or note for me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-11-2016 10:12 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you are--Droid Turbo 64 GB. The Moto Droid Force Z is on my short list of phones I will consider when I upgrade after 2 years. It's finally got a fingerprint sensor, the camera has OIS, it still has the Moto software, still has minimal skin on top of stock Android OS, and the battery, though smaller, is still formidable. And I'm on Verizon.

I will also look at the new Note and the new Nexus and whatever else may come out that looks intriguing.

I'm not one that gets up in arms over slow to come software updates so that's not an issue with me.

But, yeah, for the first time in the past 6 years I am considering a non-Moto phone.
    06-12-2016 09:42 AM
    If you're disappointed with your current DROID, speak with your wallet and buy something else/a different brand for your next phone.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    doogald and tanker8764 like this.
    06-12-2016 09:45 AM
    I will not be buying a Droid phone again. I can't be tied to VZW and its onerous updating process.
    06-13-2016 04:18 PM
    Same for me. My first Droid was the Droid Charge. Horrible phone, horrible updates. Next was my current Turbo. Great phone, horrible updates. There has to be a great phone with great updates somewhere.
    06-13-2016 06:03 PM
    Same for me. My first Droid was the Droid Charge. Horrible phone, horrible updates. Next was my current Turbo. Great phone, horrible updates. There has to be a great phone with great updates somewhere.
    It's called Nexus.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    Davidoo likes this.
    06-13-2016 06:27 PM
    It's called Nexus.
    Well, that, and the iPhone.
    06-13-2016 07:05 PM
    I will not be buying a Droid phone again. I can't be tied to VZW and its onerous updating process.
    "Onerous"?

Really?
    06-14-2016 10:53 AM
    Well, that, and the iPhone.
    True.
    06-14-2016 11:49 AM
    When it comes to service and customer support, I have no complaints with Verizon. I do think it's a shame that, for whatever reason, their Droid brand phones get short shrift on updates - they have been slow to come, often buggy when they do, and infrequent when it comes to what is now monthly security updates from Google. I understand that Verizon feels that they must aggressively test phones to make sure that they don't cause problems on the network, but other phones (Nexus, iPhone, Moto X Pure) seem not to have issues with updates to Verizon handsets at the same time as unlocked models.

Though, to be honest, I don't need updates ASAP - I'd rather the phone work right. But, don't say that you are going to update a phone and then not do it. We are more than 6 months since Marshmallow - IMHO, the Turbo should have had an update by now.

I'm ok with Verizon and the network - it works everywhere I need it to, unlike the other carriers. Billing is always 100% accurate for me - I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I have had to contact customer support in the ~20 years I have been a customer (going back to Bell Atlantic Mobile.) But as far as I am concerned, support has to get better if Verizon wants me as a customer of the Droid brand. It has to be as close to Apple level of consumer support as they can possibly get it. For one thing, as far as I am concerned, that means that Verizon corporate stores should stock refurbs/replacements for carry-in customers with warranty issues. The stores are there - they should be equipped to do this AT LEAST FOR THEIR OWN DROID BRAND. Until then, I'll buy the phones that do get good support.

I'm glad to see that "Motomaker" for the Z brand phones will mean modules that you can remove yourself and slap on a refurb if you do have a warranty issue. Progress? (Because it seems that customized Motomaker models have become a headache if you need warranty repair/replacement with the T2 generation of phones.)
    VZWsucks likes this.
    06-14-2016 02:00 PM
    Wow! Amazed to see the disdain here. I've been away from the forum for quite some time because my Turbo has been working perfectly. It's hands down the greatest phone I've ever had.

And it's frequency of updates that has people upset? Really? Wow. Why not then just root your phone and get one of this mod builds that update nightly? You'll have your fill of updates. Me, I just want my phone to work and work well every time I pick it up. My Turbo does that. I have a charging issue that's brought me back here to do research, but that's still minor. This phone's been mostly golden for almost two years now.
    mrtonk, 1Coopgt, PowrDroid and 2 others like this.
    06-26-2016 05:26 AM
    I think the Turbo is also the greatest phone I've ever had.....yet I am also extremely disappointed with the lack of timely updates and support from Moto or VZW. I don't know or care who to blame. As doogald mentioned, I just don't understand why their own advertised top of the line Droid brand gets the worst support and updates. This is supposed to be their own signature brand that no one else has, and updates are s&^t. So, why pay more if we're not going to get more? Pretty sure I will be going to the Note 7 when it comes out this fall. I'm done with Moto and wouldn't be surprised if they didn't go under within the next year or so.
    06-26-2016 12:51 PM
    Another owner that really likes the phone even as it approaches two years old. I am more ticked off at the lack of regular security updates than OS updates. But failure to support the phone via either is the only reason I likely will move to a Nexus phone next time I upgrade. It's just plain inexcusable to not even provide security updates in view of the constant flow of hacks and security holes. I like the Moto features and will miss them, but for me the security support is more important.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Davidoo likes this.
    06-26-2016 02:16 PM
    I love my turbo (1.5 yrs so far), and will keep using it as long as it works. Could care less about updates if the phone works great. AND...it always cracks me up when I go camping, or using my golf rangefinder app, or watching WATCHESPN, or traveling...and seeing all the iphone and Samsung peeps dragging their portable chargers all over the place. That's what's important to me...and I have to laugh! That said, is there any other non-droid phone that has equiv battery life to the turbo?
    06-27-2016 10:27 AM
    I love my turbo (1.5 yrs so far), and will keep using it as long as it works. Could care less about updates if the phone works great. AND...it always cracks me up when I go camping, or using my golf rangefinder app, or watching WATCHESPN, or traveling...and seeing all the iphone and Samsung peeps dragging their portable chargers all over the place. That's what's important to me...and I have to laugh!
    Yes, yes!

That said, is there any other non-droid phone that has equiv battery life to the turbo?
    Not many. In the US it's the Galaxy Note 4 and Sony Xperia Z3 Compact. The Samsung S7 Edge (non-US) is very good but the US version isn't. The new Galaxy Note 7 is supposed to have a 4,000 mAh battery. I'll be looking at that, but I may just keep my Turbo beyond the 2 year period.

Battery life tests - GSMArena.com
    06-27-2016 11:11 AM