Anyone else experience this phone call glitch?

Ned Squiggly

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
When I get a phone call it doesn't wake the screen. I have to hit the power button to wake the screen, then I have to draw my security pattern, all while the phone's ringing. Then, I can swipe to answer the call(if they haven't hung up already). Is this a glitch or a very unintuitive way of receiving a phone call on the Droid Turbo?

Ned Squiggly

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I don't know anything about the proximity sensor. But I think an incoming call should show up on the screen and override having to put in a passcode to answer it. Was just wondering if this is how it works or if it's just my phone.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Try looking in settings / apps. Find and tap the "Dialer" app (in "all" apps), and see if the checkbox "show notifications" is turned off. If it is, turn it back on.

Ned Squiggly

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Try looking in settings / apps. Find and tap the "Dialer" app (in "all" apps), and see if the checkbox "show notifications" is turned off. If it is, turn it back on.

Checked and it is on. Seems that the phone is designed where a phone call will not over-ride the lock screen, or I just never noticed before. My work-around for this was to change my lock screen set to go on after 5 mins of inactivity, to 50 mins of inactivity. Now there's a better chance for less steps to go through to answer a phone call.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463