Phone Won't Turn On

sparko24

May 8, 2013
Visit site
So I was trying to do a cache partition clear since I try to do it every few weeks. Well after a couple of minutes it just stopped clearing and all I get is a flickering Android character laying down and says "No Command" like when you go to clear it holding power and volume up.

I then tried powering off/rebooting and it shows the Motorola start screen but then goes right back to the flickering Android character laying down and won't actually turn on. I have tried "Powering off" after holding down the power and volume down buttons but when I try to turn my phone back on I just run into the same issue.

Anyone got any ideas or experience with this here? I need to get this fixed ASAP.

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
At no command screen, hold down power button and press and release volume up button at the same time... Menu screen will come up. Scroll to restart with volume buttons and press power button.

Posted via the Android Central App

sparko24

May 8, 2013
Visit site
At no command screen, hold down power button and press and release volume up button at the same time... Menu screen will come up. Scroll to restart with volume buttons and press power button.

Posted via the Android Central App

That doesn't work either. The no command screen only flickers on every few seconds and I am unable to get to the Menu screen.

sparko24

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Well the battery finally died on the phone and I was hoping that would resolve the issue. But when I went to plug it in, it just flickers the "No Command" screen every once in a while and won't actually turn on still.

No idea what to do here other than bring it to Verizon and hope they replace it since I have insurance.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
When that's happened to my phone I just hold down the power button. Then it reboots.May take a min. you'll feel the phone vibrate as it reboots.