The "push" button for texts/FB messenger

k_bert

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Today I noticed when I push the button to send a text or FB messenger message that it doesn't do anything! If I push the back button so I don't see my keyboard anymore and hit send it will send. So strange. I want it back so that when my keyboard is up it will send when I am typing messages! HELP!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you updated recently? Mine is not doing that (as soon as I push the SEND button it sends), but I'm using it on an S7 Edge and on a Tab S.

k_bert

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded a few weeks ago... but it was working fine for a while :) I also rebooted my phone a few times today.... each time it worked properly for a few texts then back to not sending.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does anything else in that area of the screen stop working when that happens? I remember a bug with Messenger and using floating chat heads that caused a certain area of the screen to stop responding. The only way to get it back was by either disabling chat heads or force-stopping Messenger.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Wish I could have helped more. You can also try clearing the app's cache or uninstalling/re-installing and seeing if that helps. Or if you find a way to make it fail all the time, I can test on mine and see if it's just a Messenger issue or it's a Messenger issue on a Droid only.

jjdelarosa10

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Wish I could have helped more. You can also try clearing the app's cache or uninstalling/re-installing and seeing if that helps. Or if you find a way to make it fail all the time, I can test on mine and see if it's just a Messenger issue or it's a Messenger issue on a Droid only.

I am having the same issue and I have a s7 edge. At first I thought it was my screen protector. I took it off and yet it was still not working. Then I uninstalled the keyboard app I had downloaded and still nothing. Then I cleared catche and still had the same problem. The only thing that fixes it is turning off phone but then a couple hours later the problem persists. I did a hard factory reset of my phone and it worked fine for 3 days and here I am again with the same issue. :(

jjdelarosa10

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
S7. I went and turned off overlay for the moments app and it fixed this problem. Settings>applications>application manager>more (in top right corner)>draw over other apps and switched Moments off