Hi everyone! First post here!

First off, I use the gen 1 Turbo(ballistic nylon)& I have to say what a great device it's been for me(& still is). I honestly have no complaints, great battery life, durable, great antenna, I even like the old school capacitive buttons on the bottom! The phone still gets it done & it has character...BUT!

What about the newly announced Moto Z Play???? Better battery life? Better camera? Mods? $400?....I have to admit some may say the 1080 display is a step backwards, but according to the specs it'll be a lot brighter & will help extend battery life.
    Also the SD 625 is no 820, (only)3 gigs of RAM, etc etc...anyway:

Am I the only OG Turbo user considering the Moto Z Play???

If not the Play then which device are you considering to upgrade to???
    VZWsucks likes this.
    09-05-2016 10:34 AM
    I'm heavily considering it too.
    But weary of Moto's updates.
    Ridiculous that the og turbo hasn't gotten Marshmallow.
    09-05-2016 02:48 PM
    Good point on the updates! I can see how that could be a concern for a lot of people. Honestly for me, if the Play was released with Nougat, or at least guaranteed an update to it(which it should be!)& was guaranteed one additional update along with timely security updates, I'd be OK with that.
    09-05-2016 03:46 PM
    I agree. But considering its "midrange" dunno if they will update it past N. I'm fine w Lollipop but when older devices get newer software, it annoys me.
    09-05-2016 05:48 PM
    I agree. But considering its "midrange" dunno if they will update it past N. I'm fine w Lollipop but when older devices get newer software, it annoys me.
    OS updates, it's Google-only.
    09-05-2016 06:35 PM
    Good point on the updates! I can see how that could be a concern for a lot of people. Honestly for me, if the Play was released with Nougat, or at least guaranteed an update to it(which it should be!)& was guaranteed one additional update along with timely security updates, I'd be OK with that.
    Don't buy a non-Google phone and expect OS updates.
    doogald likes this.
    09-05-2016 06:36 PM
    Definitely considering the move to the Z Play.
    09-05-2016 07:46 PM
    Hi everyone! First post here!

What about the newly announced Moto Z Play???? Better battery life?
    Moto claims it is the longest lasting battery they've ever put in a phone. They claim "up to 50 hours". Remember, the Turbo was advertised as "up to 48 hours". It's 3510 mAh; the Turbo is 3900 mAh. However, the 1080p screen on the Moto Z Play will not use as much power as the 1440p screen on the Turbo. So who knows? Possibly better battery life in the Z Play.

Better camera?
    Unlike the Moto Z and the Moto Z Force, the Play Z does not have optical image stabilization. The only thing the Moto Play Z has on the Turbo's camera is laser autofocus. So it has two autofocus methods. However, the Play Z has "only" a 16MP camera, whereas the Turbo has a 21MP camera. I've really gotten to love the larger sized images because of the greater detail in the shots and because I can crop out the parts I don't want and get an effective "zoom in" view. Both are f2.0. I would say that no, the Play Z does not have a better camera.

Mods? $400?....I have to admit some may say the 1080 display is a step backwards, but according to the specs it'll be a lot brighter & will help extend battery life.
    Also the SD 625 is no 820, (only)3 gigs of RAM, etc etc...anyway:

Am I the only OG Turbo user considering the Moto Z Play???
    No, I've thought about it as well. But I've said plenty of times my next phone is going to have OIS as a camera feature, so I don't know if I'd go for the Play Z. On the other hand, I've also said my next phone will have fingerprint scanner, which the Play Z has. Play Z has an SD card slot. Decisions, decisions...

If not the Play then which device are you considering to upgrade to???
    Was interested in the Note7, but early reports of less than stellar battery life have me concerned. That and the whole exploding battery thingie. Waiting to see what the new Nexus, er, Pixel phones are going to be like. Otherwise, I'll probably keep my Turbo for another six months or until some new phone grabs me.
    09-05-2016 10:17 PM