Has anyone else's Turbo perform an unwanted, unsolicited FDR besides mine? I set it on a table on 10/2 and came back 45 mins later and it had FDRd to my total surprise. Lost everything but had backup for all but a couple months of pictures/videos. Think google is somehow to blame but can't put my finger on it, although google had been asking me to upgrade my account for a few weeks, which I always denied. My phone worked fine before I set it on the table, and hasn't been right since. Reloaded the critical apps only, but now seems like things are spiraling downward...battery life reduced by prly 20%, cannot get moto out of my face so annoying, phone lags, and everything keeps pushing me to use clouds and locations! Would it be worth it to try to get a replacement, or just get another phone?
    10-11-2016 12:47 PM
    Think google is somehow to blame but can't put my finger on it, although google had been asking me to upgrade my account for a few weeks, which I always denied.
    After a fixed number of requests (usually 15), the update happens without asking you. But it shouldn't do a FDR. Bring it to your carrier and see if they'll do anything. (The only way to prevent an update is to root, then freeze the updater app. Just rooting usually does it too, but it still constantly nags you.)
    10-11-2016 12:59 PM
    It could just be a failure of the internal storage (i.e., hardware failure). Nothing nefarious, just bad luck.

It's up to you what to replace it with, if you are going to replace it. All of us are different. I already offered a suggestion on another one of your posts re: privacy and no cloud syncing. Personally, I wouldn't buy a phone like the Turbo when it is over two years old if I plan on keeping it a while - if you can find one new at all anyway. You're probably buying something used anyway.
    10-11-2016 01:24 PM