Waiting or my Pixel XL 128 to arrive.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
It's been a wonderful two years, and my Turbo is the best phone I've ever had. But alas, I ordered my Pixel yesterday afternoon. XL 128 GB black model, which should be back in stock right before the Pixel 4 is announced. ;-)

I wouldn't be upgrading now if it weren't for the charging issues. The battery as been one of the phone's best attributes since Day 1, but it's getting down to 10% or less at the end of my day. My routine has long been to charge overnight, play around with it in the morning before work, and then "top-off" charge it while I'm in the shower so I walk out the door with 100%. For a long time now I've had it happen where that top-off charge won't work. I'll plug in the phone and it won't charge (happens with the phone turned off too). Or it'll tell me to use the charge that originally came with the phone .. which is exactly what I'm doing.

So it's just time now.

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I just switched to the pixel xl yesterday... But only 32GB. I typically have buyer's remorse but I was tired of the buggy lollipop issues. My wife's biggest complaint was that I typically had to call back or call twice since my microphone wouldn't work initially in most calls. There were a few other issues too but nothing that isn't common or stood out.

Lack of updates kept me from the z series.

My wife hates technology with a passion and was very certain she couldn't deal with change. Well, after years of being a Samsung customer she's very impressed.

This phone isn't the kitchen sink approach but I appreciate the "it just works" approach that's so alluring. The fact that we can go to ubuyifixit for repairs has almost solidified my decision to get rid of insurance too.

I'm going to miss my droid turbo... But I'm so glad I upgraded. Your going to love it! I am second guessing the size though and may look at moving to the pixel instead

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I just switched to the pixel xl yesterday... But only 32GB. I typically have buyer's remorse but I was tired of the buggy lollipop issues. My wife's biggest complaint was that I typically had to call back or call twice since my microphone wouldn't work initially in most calls. There were a few other issues too but nothing that isn't common or stood out.

Lack of updates kept me from the z series.

My wife hates technology with a passion and was very certain she couldn't deal with change. Well, after years of being a Samsung customer she's very impressed.

This phone isn't the kitchen sink approach but I appreciate the "it just works" approach that's so alluring. The fact that we can go to ubuyifixit for repairs has almost solidified my decision to get rid of insurance too.

I'm going to miss my droid turbo... But I'm so glad I upgraded. Your going to love it! I am second guessing the size though and may look at moving to the pixel instead
Can't be too big for me. ;-) If it weren't for bad timing two years ago I would have had the Nexus 6 instead of the Turbo here and might have been the only one who didn't complain about the size. ;-)

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I too switched to the pixel xl in black, but 32gb because I can't wait for stock to fill haha.. really nice phone for anyone looking to switch. It was a VERY hard decision between pixel xl and force z.....very hard....

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I too switched to the pixel xl in black, but 32gb because I can't wait for stock to fill haha.. really nice phone for anyone looking to switch. It was a VERY hard decision between pixel xl and force z.....very hard....

How's bluetooth working for you with the XL? Disturbed to see that the update that Google released may not have done the trick ...

Mungus8888

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Ordered the 128gig Pixel XL, but might not wait until the reported. Dec delivery. Turbos battery has been losing it at the top end and bottom end of a charge. Drops 10% quickly at the beginning and end of each cycle.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
How do you guys like the pixel now? I played with it in a store and other then the speed, I really wasn't that impressed w the device or the price.
HTC 10 is atop my list right now.

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
I am sticking with droid turbo until I see the galaxy S8. Pixel doesn't motivate me, not buying S7 with S8 fast approaching... LG V20 with cracked camera lenses all over the place... No thank you.

Note 7 was what I wanted... Had there been no problems I would have upgraded first day after my two year droid turbo contract ended.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I am sticking with droid turbo until I see the galaxy S8. Pixel doesn't motivate me, not buying S7 with S8 fast approaching... LG V20 with cracked camera lenses all over the place... No thank you.

Note 7 was what I wanted... Had there been no problems I would have upgraded first day after my two year droid turbo contract ended.

I was in this camp as well. I was going to give Samsung Note 7 a try, after three Moto devices.

Now I'm going to wait until Turbo 3 or Galaxy S8. Cajun_Mike, would the Turbo 3 pique your interest?

I checked out the Pixel XL in the store, and it's a very nice device, kind of choking on the price however. My son is going to get one.

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
I was in this camp as well. I was going to give Samsung Note 7 a try, after three Moto devices.

Now I'm going to wait until Turbo 3 or Galaxy S8. Cajun_Mike, would the Turbo 3 pique your interest?

I checked out the Pixel XL in the store, and it's a very nice device, kind of choking on the price however. My son is going to get one.

No, I am done with Motorola because of poor camera quality
I vowed that I wouldn't accept barely average photos and videos in my next phone. It's either Galaxy S8, whatever the 2017 Note ends up being or iPhone 8plus (never owned an iPhone). Maybe HTC 11 if they get waterproofing and a slightly better camera. Heck.. This Droid turbo is keeping me going so well, I might be able to wait until Pixel 2. ;-)

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
P. S. if this Droid turbo bricks and I am forced to get a new phone. I'll either buy a mid ranger like updated One plus T or then go for galaxy S7 edge or pixel xl

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
No, I am done with Motorola because of poor camera quality. I vowed that I wouldn't accept barely average photos and videos in my next phone.

The new Moto Z Force has a highly rated camera. They've got new software and a new low light sensor, and OIS. It's getting good reviews and the AC forum has some good discussion, particularly a thread where a knowledgeable poster had both a Pixel XL and a Z Force and posted identical photos side-by-side. I presume the Turbo 3 will have an even better camera.

I'm leery of Samsung TouchLag, er, I mean TouchWiz. I've read plenty of posts from people that returned their Note 7 for a Z Force and they are in love with it. I would never be put in Apple's proprietary prison, so they are out as a possibility.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
How's your new phone working, OP? Hope you are loving it!
smile.png

I'm loving the thought of it .. and the brief visitation I get with one every time I stop by a Verizon store. But I've yet to be granted custody. ;-) Verizon shows an expected ship date of 12/2, so we'll have to see ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy