Auxiliary power for Turbo?

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have a recommendation for an external power pack for the Turbo?
4a47c3eb5909627f6a38b1aed74aae25.jpg
Doesn't turbo charge, but does charge quickly. Got an off switch, and 4 LED light status indicator. Micro USB in for charging, standard USB out.

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
... again, looking for an external battery pack SPECIFICALLY that is compatible with a Turbo. Your response is confusing.

Last edited:

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
... again, looking for an external battery pack SPECIFICALLY that is compatible with a Turbo. Your response makes absolutely no sense to me.
To clarify, it is an external power pack that can power/charge the Droid Turbo, despite the name on the pack. It will not detect as a turbo-charger, but does feed power at a decent rate. It will power just about ANYthing that plugs into a USB socket to charge.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
... again, looking for an external battery pack SPECIFICALLY that is compatible with a Turbo. Your response makes absolutely no sense to me.

I assume you are looking for a Mophie case that has a built in battery? Not made for the turbo.

What poster above suggested is only option. External power supply.

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I had never heard of a Mophie case before. My wife and I BOTH had Turbos. They apparently take special chargers as the old ones that I've had laying around for both car and/or wall socket don't work. It seems that the turbos need a special "turbo charger" like the ones that came with the phones. I've since moved on to a Samsung S7 Edge, but my wife didn't want to swap out her Turbo. I think my Edge will charge off of anything, just looking for something for the old picky Turbo.

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Droid Turbo will charge from just about any source, but how fast depends on what it's running vs the charge rate. Chargers below 1 amp will take (seemingly) forever. Above 2 amp is reasonable. The Turbo charge is a specialized increased rate, and not the only way to re-power the Turbo.

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
sorry sir technical people answer the question that is asked..
any 5 volt charger will work fine.. verizon sells replacement turbo chargers if that's what you want

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
any 5 volt charger will work fine..

Again, not true, a 5V charger that is less than 1 amp (say, one that you have lying around from an old phone) is probably not fine, and will not provide adequate power to charge the battery while the phone is running (particularly with the display on.) The OP is asking about an external "power pack" and "battery pack" that works with the Turbo. It was originally hard to tell exactly what the OP is looking for; I thought that he was asking about a portable external battery charger, but it seems that it's just a battery charger for the phone that you plug into the wall.

There are plenty of those, starting with Motorola's: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ts/turbo-power-15-wall-charger&token=FLH0K7n2 (pricey)
Verizon's: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...arge-technology-for-micro-usb/&token=4JuXaPLs (also pricey)
Anker: https://www.amazon.com/Charge-Anker...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5562453
Aukey: https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Char...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5562453

There are many other wall chargers (anything QC 2.0 or QC 3.0 with micro-USB should work), but these are brands that I have used and trust. With an expensive device like a phone, I'd hate to save a few $$$ on a charger when you can buy something compatible that works.

BTW, the charger for your S7 Edge should also work fine with the Turbo; it is also Qualcomm QC 2.0 compatible. Just saying'.

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
any 5 volt charger will work fine.. verizon sells replacement turbo chargers if that's what you want

I knew it wouldn't be long before some ***** replied to this post. By him saying "it doesn't turbo charge", when I was inquiring about an external device for charging my Turbo is like saying "it doesn't iPhone charge" if I were inquiring about an external device for my iPhone. If you have nothing to offer, please stay off my posts.

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
The OP is asking about an external "power pack" and "battery pack" that works with the Turbo. It was originally hard to tell exactly what the OP is looking for; I thought that he was asking about a portable external battery charger, but it seems that it's just a battery charger for the phone that you plug into the wall.

Actually no. Sorry for the confusion. We have plenty of original wall and car chargers for the Turbo. I seem to remember that when using an unofficial Turbo charger for both wall and car resulted in a message on the Turbo screen that read something like this, "non-turbo charger detected, no charging will commence". Something like that. I'm looking for something (while away from civilization) to recharge her Turbo by simply plugging into it. I thought this was called an external device battery pack/charger.

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
To clarify, it is an external power pack that can power/charge the Droid Turbo, despite the name on the pack. It will not detect as a turbo-charger, but does feed power at a decent rate. It will power just about ANYthing that plugs into a USB socket to charge.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Actually no. Sorry for the confusion. We have plenty of original wall and car chargers for the Turbo. I seem to remember that when using an unofficial Turbo charger for both wall and car resulted in a message on the Turbo screen that read something like this, "non-turbo charger detected, no charging will commence". Something like that. I'm looking for something (while away from civilization) to recharge her Turbo by simply plugging into it. I thought this was called an external device battery pack/charger.

The example provided by Eisteindks will work fine then. Look at the output voltage and amperage, which should be inscribed somewhere on the battery pack. I am sure that they are all 5V, I'd say that you want a minimum of 1.2 amp, though 2 amp would be better.

But, I always like to point people at thewirecutter.com, because they give great recommendations, depending on the criteria that are important to you. See The Best USB Battery Packs | The Wirecutter and note that they have a rating for one that can do Quick Charge (aka turbo charging). That should work fine with your S7 Edge, too. And, again, it's Anker, a reliable brand IMO.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I knew it wouldn't be long before some ***** replied to this post. By him saying "it doesn't turbo charge", when I was inquiring about an external device for charging my Turbo is like saying "it doesn't iPhone charge" if I were inquiring about an external device for my iPhone. If you have nothing to offer, please stay off my posts.

Your original post was fine but when someone posted an external power supply it appeared as if you were then getting terms crossed up.
We are all here trying to help.

This is what I have and is flat out amazing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B018...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5563112

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Your original post was fine but when someone posted an external power supply it appeared as if you were then getting terms crossed up.
We are all here trying to help.

This is what I have and is flat out amazing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B018...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5563144

Thanks, lots of good information here. I wasn't trying to be a jerk , I think we just got crossed up in our terms. I see that there are many 3.0 units out there now.

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Turbo charge on xt1254 is at least 1.0, perhaps 2.0. Quick charge is backwards compatible. All depends on availability and what you're willing to spend.

I've seen where many of these Anker devices aren't compatible with the Turbo 2. Not sure about the original Turbo. Because of that... (moving forward) and the fact that I've never really needed one of these chargers (yet), this is close enough to the size and capacity of what I think I'll need in an emergency. Looks like it'll work with my S7 Edge... so good enough. Thanks for all the technical assistance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908