01-26-2017 04:58 PM
145 ... 3456
tools
    I have enabled battery optimization and cell standby is running 22-24% of my battery with my mobile radio active 12-14 hours. Standby is always at the top of the list, but the rest of my apps and programs seem to be using less. I get one day easily on a charge, about the same as before the update.
    soc_phish likes this.
    12-24-2016 12:03 PM
    Having major issues with apps not allowing me to edit screen overlay. One app Pokemon Go is not working at all due to Screen Overlay issue and if I get it to come up gives me a GPS issue. I have since 2 Factory Resets.

Advice?
    12-24-2016 10:55 PM
    Having major issues with apps not allowing me to edit screen overlay. One app Pokemon Go is not working at all due to Screen Overlay issue and if I get it to come up gives me a GPS issue. I have since 2 Factory Resets.

Advice?
    Another app with issues of Screen Overlap is Instagram
    12-24-2016 10:58 PM
    My battery is the same.. I adore the update! but i also had no issues.
    maxman1 likes this.
    12-25-2016 07:11 PM
    I'm having a senior moment. If I apply the MM update to a phone that ships with LP, will a full reset take me back to LP?
    12-26-2016 05:53 AM
    I'm having a senior moment. If I apply the MM update to a phone that ships with LP, will a full reset take me back to LP?
    No.
    12-26-2016 05:54 AM
    OK, thx. So, once I do an upgrade, it's stuck on that upgrade, right? Can never move back, only forward?
    12-26-2016 05:55 AM
    OK, thx. So, once I do an upgrade, it's stuck on that upgrade, right? Can never move back, only forward?
    There may be a way to move back, but to do so is well beyond a factory data reset. Someone who is more tech savvy would have to tell you more specifically what would need to be done.
    12-26-2016 06:30 AM
    Almost never on Motorola Droid phones. Sometimes with small updates the bootloader version is the same, so you can write over with the older system (say, with "monthly" security updates.) But you can never load an older version bootloader over the newer version, and the old software will not run on the newer bootloaders. And you need to depend on somebody to prepare the files that you need anyway - you won't find the files at Verizon or Motorola.
    12-26-2016 12:39 PM
    Anyone else having issues updates? I have tried multiple times including clearing cache and factory reset but nothing is working. It always just says.
    "Software update unsuccessful sorry there was a problem updating your DROID TURBO. No changes were made"
    12-27-2016 10:01 AM
    Still having issues with BT. Having to turn off and on BT several times a day to keep a consistent connection with my Garmin Fenix3. Didn't have problems before the update.

Also, anyone know where to turn off the annoying message that pops-up about data network usage when on a voice call? I am beginning to loathe that message.

Thanks all!
    12-27-2016 11:47 AM
    Worrysome, as I use BT quite a bit.
    12-27-2016 03:47 PM
    Upgraded to Marshmallow on Christmas Day. Backed up my files and did a factory reset. Smooth sailing so far. Battery life is markedly improved. I reset GSam battery monitor yesterday (27th) and will cycle the phone through several days of use to see where the battery settles. But so far, I'd say I'm getting 20% more battery life. For example, I got 3 1/2 hours screen on time yesterday and had over 40% of battery remaining. On Lollipop I would be down around 20% battery remaining after 3 1/2 hours screen time. I've been very pleasantly surprised.
    12-28-2016 11:23 AM
    It looks like my battery life is getting crushed. Off charger at 7 am, then used GPS for 1 hour on the way to work this morning and by noon the phone was at 36%.
    12-28-2016 02:51 PM
    It looks like my battery life is getting crushed. Off charger at 7 am, then used GPS for 1 hour on the way to work this morning and by noon the phone was at 36%.
    Can't you charge it in while you are using it for navigation?
    Ry likes this.
    12-28-2016 03:43 PM
    Out of curiosity, what was the battery consumption rate like BEFORE MM?
    What was it at just prior to starting the GPS usage?
    12-28-2016 05:42 PM
    Well took some advice and turned off wifi when in sleep. YES I use a little data however battery life is seems better even though wifi is at 17%, Cell standby at 3% and google service at 4%. Again wifi at 17% vs cell standby at 17% is a marked difference in battery. Not sure why.
    mobrules likes this.
    12-29-2016 06:42 AM
    I use the chase banking app a lot. Unfortunately, since the update it keeps giving me this screen overlay nonsense that I can't change. Tells me to turn it off but it appears off and I can't even change the setting even if I wanted to because it's grayed out. As of now it's the only app giving me this problem.
    12-29-2016 07:04 AM
    Can't you charge it in while you are using it for navigation?
    I can charge it while using nav but that is not the point. The point is that the battery is wearing down much faster than it did prior to MM.
    Out of curiosity, what was the battery consumption rate like BEFORE MM?
    What was it at just prior to starting the GPS usage?
    91%. This morning the same thing happened. 7 am off charger, 92% when I got in my car, about 45 minutes of gps, now it is 10:20 am and battery is at 65%. At this rate I will have to recharge by 1 pm giving me a total of 6 hours of battery life.
    12-29-2016 09:21 AM
    Well took some advice and turned off wifi when in sleep. YES I use a little data however battery life is seems better even though wifi is at 17%, Cell standby at 3% and google service at 4%. Again wifi at 17% vs cell standby at 17% is a marked difference in battery. Not sure why.
    Plug your phone in while you sleep.
    12-29-2016 09:54 AM
    I can charge it while using nav but that is not the point. The point is that the battery is wearing down much faster than it did prior to MM.
    Ok, but my point is that you have to manage the battery life that you have, so not plugging in while you are doing one of the most battery intensive things that your phone will do is a wasted opportunity to manage the best battery life. It's hard to plug in the phone while you are walking around, or at random times during the day. It's quite easy to plug in while you are driving your car - so do it. You will definitely arrive at work and have a battery charged more than 36% at noon.
    12-29-2016 09:57 AM
    BTW, I'm not sure how long that you have had your Turbo, but it is now older than two years since launch. Batteries do lose capacity with each charge cycle - slowly at first, then they tend to lose it more rapidly. If you have owned the Turbo since close to launch, you may have reached that point.

Still, if I were in your circumstance, and thought that the discharge was faster than it should be right after a major version upgrade, I'd do a factory data reset. I'd probably just rebuild from scratch, but you could try restoring from Google to see if that makes things better, and, if not, then try a factory reset and just start over from scratch to see if battery life is better. I know a lot of people hate doing that, but I always want to feel that I could do this on the off-chance my phone completely failed, was lost or stolen, and I had to start with a new phone from scratch. It sounds drastic, but at this point, you'll never find what is causing excessive battery drain - Android's tools just aren't rich enough to help you pinpoint a problem - so you'll save a lot of time and hassle by starting over.

I've almost always done an FDR at some point shortly after a major Android version upgrade.
    12-29-2016 10:29 AM
    My Turbo on LP is to the point where I must charge it 2 or 3 times each day. Had it for almost 2-years. In retrospect, I would have only used the turbo charger when absolutely necessary.
    12-29-2016 12:51 PM
    After update, even lower volume levels on everything (though volume before was already horrible). Can hardly hear Pandora, through phone and Bluetooth speakers, even at wide open. Wife iPhone paired, and volume is twice as loud as mine, and hers is not even turned up all the way. Cant hear phone calls, cant hear sound on video, facebook, youtube, media, anything. Ive tried all the tricks in the forums, as well as all the captain obvious methods, to no avail. Anybody got any real advice on how to increase volume? The phone is ok per update with this exception.
    01-02-2017 11:30 AM
    After update, even lower volume levels on everything (though volume before was already horrible). Can hardly hear Pandora, through phone and Bluetooth speakers, even at wide open. Wife iPhone paired, and volume is twice as loud as mine, and hers is not even turned up all the way. Cant hear phone calls, cant hear sound on video, facebook, youtube, media, anything. Ive tried all the tricks in the forums, as well as all the captain obvious methods, to no avail. Anybody got any real advice on how to increase volume? The phone is ok per update with this exception.
    Your correct. The only advice I can offer is to find notifications both phone and SMS that have a high pitch in sound and good quality. That's what I've done as a work around to this issue. I use zedge for most of my tones.
    soc_phish likes this.
    01-02-2017 11:20 PM
145 ... 3456