DROID TURBO: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Rollout

Angus Repper

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Got it about a week ago... Part of the soak test.

No problems with over the air install, although it took about 25 minutes.

No reset... Or cache clearing... It is still very fast and no noticeable change in battery life.

The enhancements to mm are fine... But I guess the upgrade is a bit anticlimactic. Best part about it is the Google on tap.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I am signed up and have been part of every soak up until now. Not sure why they skipped me this time unless I posted too many critical comments on the Moto forums about their delays in updates. I'm surprised it is taking this long for everyone else to get it. On previous soaks it only took s couple of days to go out to everyone.

quantum tao

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
running it now, its a worthy upgrade. not sure if its better than the 7.1 crdroid version i was running. i wouldn't take the OTA unless your bootloader is unlocked, this will most likely be the last feature update for this phone and you will be stuck with it.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
running it now, its a worthy upgrade. not sure if its better than the 7.1 crdroid version i was running. i wouldn't take the OTA unless your bootloader is unlocked, this will most likely be the last feature update for this phone and you will be stuck with it.

How did you get it?

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, there must have been too many problems with the soak or it would have been rolled out to everyone by now. I was in every prior soak and it was made public within 2 or 3 days.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, there must have been too many problems with the soak or it would have been rolled out to everyone by now. I was in every prior soak and it was made public within 2 or 3 days.

This is not always true. Rollouts usually start with just a few phones each of the first few days, and then they open to everyone later. In the past with Droid phones, this has taken as long as 5-7 days.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
XDA forums for the Turbo now say that the OTA has been halted due to problems in the soak and bricked devices that had encryption enabled. So what's new.....more update delays for the Turbo!

Angus Repper

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
XDA forums for the Turbo now say that the OTA has been halted due to problems in the soak and bricked devices that had encryption enabled. So what's new.....more update delays for the Turbo!

Very strange....

I was invited to participate in soak test... They provided access to the forum whereby all bugs and glitches were to be reported.

I checked in about two days after update... And I can't seem to find any trace of it.

And not to rub it in... But, the .phone is running exceptionally well on marshmallow... I can't even imagine how the current flagships could be better. Please realize I am not a power user... Just email an web browsing. Good luck to everyone. I am sure this will all be worked out.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
It is not live. I don't care what Verizon's website says. It was pulled due to the failed soak. Hopefully it won't take them another year to fix the issues and send it out.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
It is not live. I don't care what Verizon's website says. It was pulled due to the failed soak. Hopefully it won't take them another year to fix the issues and send it out.

Hopefully they don't decide it's too much trouble to get things working right and just cancel the MM update completely!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois