DROID TURBO: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Rollout

Angus Repper

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
So glad I was part of the original soak. Marshmallow been running like a champ for the last three weeks.

Something tells me the 'bricks' were from overzealous millennials not reading the instructions for conducting the soak test. It clearly stated to ensure your phone was not encrypted.

Patience can be a virtue

quantum tao

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
i personally didn't care for the marshmallow on the turbo, whether from cm13 or this new official update. in fact i think marshmallow is fundamentally flawed on any handset, reminds me of windows vista or windows 8.
i went back to android N 7.1.1, using the crDroid version on my turbo.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
So glad I was part of the original soak. Marshmallow been running like a champ for the last three weeks.

Something tells me the 'bricks' were from overzealous millennials not reading the instructions for conducting the soak test. It clearly stated to ensure your phone was not encrypted.

Patience can be a virtue
Actually, no. It did not state that you can't be encrypted. It asked you if you were or weren't.

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: OTA 6.0 back up...

Went off without a hitch... So far, very smooth... Butter. Put new life into an oldie but a goodie...

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
That's not what I remember. Sounds like someone didn't follow directions and looking to find someone else to pin the blame on.
You remember incorrectly, or you weren't a part of the soak. Sounds like somebody trying to make users look like they're at fault for a tech glitch created by a phone manufacturer.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
There's no evidence "millennials" did anything wrong.

Please knock it off. This type of stuff isn't needed.

soc_phish

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I just received my update alert
3be73afd9cb5487ab9064cbce2370e57.jpg