DROID TURBO: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Rollout

GESWhoseBack

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Got my update over OTA at 6:30 yesterday evening before work. Worked fine all night. Didn't notice any battery drain, if anything it may have improved it a little. At least for the night.

soc_phish

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Update Complete. No issues so far.
6faebc75d89bce87f2048d608bac2754.jpg

liseb17

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: OTA 6.0 back up...

How long did it take for the update to download? My phone's been stuck at 3% downloaded for about 20 minutes now . . .think I should reboot the phone and try again?

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site

How long did it take for the update to download? My phone's been stuck at 3% downloaded for about 20 minutes now . . .think I should reboot the phone and try again?
I downloaded last night through wifi and it took like 10 mins. I only have 50mb internet service.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I got my new Google Pixel Tuesday, but turned my now backup Turbo on Wi-Fi and it immediately took the update and all works well. I really loved the Turbo the entire time I had it except for the slow updates.

soc_phish

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site

The complete download of the update took about an hour. The complete install and reboot took approx. 25-30 minutes.

Note: I wasn't comfortable leaving it as is. I factory reset the phone after the update and loaded all the apps manually. Just FYI for others here also.

soc_phish

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
So far it is definitely the same except for some features. I can confirm that the Command Center still Kills my battery...*removed*

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Update went smooth for me!
google now on tap is great! I dont like how I cant get to my google now feed as quickly ..

Phone is still very smooth! Ill update on battery life in a few days

I did not FDR but I might some time soon. for fun

Last edited:

VZWsucks

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I did the update yesterday morning it took about 25 min. No issues so far but, I haven't had a chance to play around with it. I have 3 more turbo's to update.

Of course this was a long time coming. I'm excited that at least we didn't get forgotten. It really feels like they did forget us but, came back and picked us up (lol).

From what I can't tell theres no major change between LP and MM so what in the funkadelic took so long!

soc_phish

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
True. I did notice that my battery dies faster. I thought that it was the command center doing it. I will post what I find. I welcome any advice from users with the droid turbo/marshmallow experience.

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Well my update didn't go as planned. On the first attempt it downloaded fine but in the middle of the install I got an error and the phone crashed. It was stuck in a boot loop with the little android on his back saying "No Command". I called Verizon to complain to see what they could, or would do for me. They sent me a Motorola repair tool to reinstall the original o.s. So after this and a factory reset I figured what do I have to lose so I tried again. The second time ran flawlessly.

I set everything back up. Haven't reinstalled all my apps, or put any music back on yet. So far it's running great. Battery life seems the same. I only have about twelve days until I'm eligible for an upgrade so if I find a good deal I may just take it. The Turbo has been great but it may be time to move on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn