DROID TURBO: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Rollout

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I have enabled battery optimization and cell standby is running 22-24% of my battery with my mobile radio active 12-14 hours. Standby is always at the top of the list, but the rest of my apps and programs seem to be using less. I get one day easily on a charge, about the same as before the update.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Having major issues with apps not allowing me to edit screen overlay. One app Pokemon Go is not working at all due to Screen Overlay issue and if I get it to come up gives me a GPS issue. I have since 2 Factory Resets.

Advice?

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Having major issues with apps not allowing me to edit screen overlay. One app Pokemon Go is not working at all due to Screen Overlay issue and if I get it to come up gives me a GPS issue. I have since 2 Factory Resets.

Advice?
Another app with issues of Screen Overlap is Instagram

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
OK, thx. So, once I do an upgrade, it's stuck on that upgrade, right? Can never move back, only forward?

There may be a way to move back, but to do so is well beyond a factory data reset. Someone who is more tech savvy would have to tell you more specifically what would need to be done.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
OK, thx. So, once I do an upgrade, it's stuck on that upgrade, right? Can never move back, only forward?

Almost never on Motorola Droid phones. Sometimes with small updates the bootloader version is the same, so you can write over with the older system (say, with "monthly" security updates.) But you can never load an older version bootloader over the newer version, and the old software will not run on the newer bootloaders. And you need to depend on somebody to prepare the files that you need anyway - you won't find the files at Verizon or Motorola.

mattyrs500

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having issues updates? I have tried multiple times including clearing cache and factory reset but nothing is working. It always just says.
"Software update unsuccessful sorry there was a problem updating your DROID TURBO. No changes were made"

jleebiker

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Still having issues with BT. Having to turn off and on BT several times a day to keep a consistent connection with my Garmin Fenix3. Didn't have problems before the update.

Also, anyone know where to turn off the annoying message that pops-up about data network usage when on a voice call? I am beginning to loathe that message.

Thanks all!

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Upgraded to Marshmallow on Christmas Day. Backed up my files and did a factory reset. Smooth sailing so far. Battery life is markedly improved. I reset GSam battery monitor yesterday (27th) and will cycle the phone through several days of use to see where the battery settles. But so far, I'd say I'm getting 20% more battery life. For example, I got 3 1/2 hours screen on time yesterday and had over 40% of battery remaining. On Lollipop I would be down around 20% battery remaining after 3 1/2 hours screen time. I've been very pleasantly surprised.

Phoenix212

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
It looks like my battery life is getting crushed. Off charger at 7 am, then used GPS for 1 hour on the way to work this morning and by noon the phone was at 36%.

jleebiker

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
It looks like my battery life is getting crushed. Off charger at 7 am, then used GPS for 1 hour on the way to work this morning and by noon the phone was at 36%.

Out of curiosity, what was the battery consumption rate like BEFORE MM?
What was it at just prior to starting the GPS usage?

wilsodw

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Well took some advice and turned off wifi when in sleep. YES I use a little data however battery life is seems better even though wifi is at 17%, Cell standby at 3% and google service at 4%. Again wifi at 17% vs cell standby at 17% is a marked difference in battery. Not sure why.

socialillz

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I use the chase banking app a lot. Unfortunately, since the update it keeps giving me this screen overlay nonsense that I can't change. Tells me to turn it off but it appears off and I can't even change the setting even if I wanted to because it's grayed out. As of now it's the only app giving me this problem.

Phoenix212

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Can't you charge it in while you are using it for navigation?
I can charge it while using nav but that is not the point. The point is that the battery is wearing down much faster than it did prior to MM.
Out of curiosity, what was the battery consumption rate like BEFORE MM?
What was it at just prior to starting the GPS usage?
91%. This morning the same thing happened. 7 am off charger, 92% when I got in my car, about 45 minutes of gps, now it is 10:20 am and battery is at 65%. At this rate I will have to recharge by 1 pm giving me a total of 6 hours of battery life.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Well took some advice and turned off wifi when in sleep. YES I use a little data however battery life is seems better even though wifi is at 17%, Cell standby at 3% and google service at 4%. Again wifi at 17% vs cell standby at 17% is a marked difference in battery. Not sure why.

Plug your phone in while you sleep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze