Playing around in the settings, I clicked on 'system updates' expecting to see the same old message, "phone is up to date". But I was surprised when the screen closed and the little update icon appeared in my notifications with the message- "system update paused, waiting for Wi-Fi." Could this be marshmallow? Can't wait to see what this is once I find a wifi source later.
    12-17-2016 02:45 PM
    I just did the same thing. It downloaded, but I'm delaying installation until I read more from others.
    soc_phish likes this.
    12-17-2016 03:16 PM
    I installed it yesterday. Didn't do a factory reset, didn't even clear the cache. Phone works great. Hoping that the Doze feature will give a nice bump to battery life. Everything has worked great. Love that the phone app has put the dialer back as a default so you don't have to tap the screen twice to get to it!
    12-17-2016 03:33 PM
    Just updated and it's marshmallow!
    soc_phish likes this.
    12-17-2016 06:32 PM
    I installed it yesterday. Didn't do a factory reset, didn't even clear the cache. Phone works great. Hoping that the Doze feature will give a nice bump to battery life. Everything has worked great. Love that the phone app has put the dialer back as a default so you don't have to tap the screen twice to get to it!
    Yes that's one of the first things I noticed. It always frustrated me to have to click twice just to dial a number. This is awesome
    12-17-2016 06:41 PM
    I delayed the installation again, as I'm on my way out the door. Glad it's going well so far.
    12-18-2016 07:06 AM
    I delayed the installation again, as I'm on my way out the door. Glad it's going well so far.
    It's great to see normal volume function is back too.
    12-18-2016 10:25 AM
    It's great to see normal volume function is back too.
    Interesting.
    12-18-2016 11:36 AM
    What was the volume issue?
    12-18-2016 12:55 PM
    What was the volume issue?
    In lollipop, pressing the volume rocker always brought up a volume menu which I found annoying. Also you couldn't turn the volume down to vibrate. It's a normal volume again haha.
    I just noticed you can "clear all" open apps at one time, instead of manually having to close each one.
    12-18-2016 03:21 PM
    I just did the same thing. It downloaded, but I'm delaying installation until I read more from others.
    Great idea. Never rush it.
    12-18-2016 03:43 PM
    In lollipop, pressing the volume rocker always brought up a volume menu which I found annoying. Also you couldn't turn the volume down to vibrate. It's a normal volume again haha.
    I just noticed you can "clear all" open apps at one time, instead of manually having to close each one.
    Interesting. I'm aware if the menu which appears, but I've never had an issue voluming down to vibrate. We'll, at least it's working for you now.
    12-18-2016 05:01 PM
    Interesting. I'm aware if the menu which appears, but I've never had an issue voluming down to vibrate. We'll, at least it's working for you now.
    Yes this is a good update. Fixed alot of annoying things in lollipop. Just push the phone icon for the dialer. Clear all running apps with one click. And turn volume up or down without a menu popping up. Just straight forward ease of use.
    12-18-2016 08:39 PM
    Only real glitchis from those who took the update that had encrypted their phones. If you value root, unlock the bootloader with 'Sunshine'. Otherwise, taking the update will lock out the only bootloader exploit that allowed Sunshine to work. Even if you don't root, an unlocked bootloader is valuable in fixing glitches.
    12-18-2016 08:42 PM
    mine just downloaded the new update, and my phone is encrypted. what should I do to avoid problems before installing????
    12-19-2016 09:36 AM
    So happy with this update.. 6.0 is everything 5.1 wasn't.. Doze is working great I love the permissions.. Battery life is same or better! I only lost 3% over night last night! Thanks to the small DEV team that worked on this great job guys!
    12-19-2016 10:13 AM
    mine just downloaded the new update, and my phone is encrypted. what should I do to avoid problems before installing????
    Resting your phone is the only way to reverse encryption.. Thats the safest bet
    12-19-2016 10:16 AM
    Don't blame me if I'm wrong but pretty confident this got sorted in the soak before general release.
    12-19-2016 12:22 PM
    The sound really sucks even worse after MM, but did install without much ado even while being encrypted. took a while for apps to settle out but eventually in working order now. I noticed there are no settings options on some things, like storage, sound, phone. Some of the user functionality has been axed. So disappointed with the sound, every update since it was new has reduced volume and lowered quality, and now there is no way (that I've found) that you can even access settings for a general sound mixer that works across all apps. Bout done with google, android, and the whole lot. The losses overshadow any benefit (if there is a useful one, I don't know it) other than security (and...how do you know here) with the MM. Just take more away, trim back options, and force-feed a platform that is sadly inept. Getting a S8 next spring if they come out...if it sucks, that will be last smartphone for me. On to a jitterbug and a pda (may see if I can fire up my old palm)
    12-19-2016 03:24 PM