Poor battery life

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
My Motorola Droid only has a 3 hour charge. I tried to get rid of apps and other things and it hasn't worked.
How old is your phone? Just curious.

I ordered a new battery and will be replacing mine after the first week of January. I got mine on the release date but still has good battery life. Started out with 3 day battery life. Now just over 2 years later it's down to 1.5 days. Hoping new battery bumps it back up.

Battery replacement doesn't look hard. Couple YouTube videos out there show step by step instructions.

But I don't use it as daily phone anymore. Switched to Z Force. However after I replace the battery I plan to activate it and use it for a week to judge the battery.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't expect too many issues. I just replaced the battery in a Razr Maxx HD, and a couple iPhones batteries for family.
The trick is getting a battery that's in good shape with charging cycles left. I have been lucky so far.

ghbishop

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi
I just replaced by battery with one I got from Amazon. It was a Motorola brand battery.

I followed the instructions on the video pausing it at each step.

The case opened up without much problem using the pry tool. There was double sided tape on the old battery that I used to secure the new battery while reassembling. Make sure you do this in a place where you keep track of all the parts.

The hardest part was re-inserting the ribbon cable and clamping it back in. The first time i tried the screen did not come on. The second time the screen came on but it did not respond to touches. The third time I made sure the white line on the ribbon lined up with the clamp and everything worked. I have not tried the Qi charging yet but I don't think I damaged it.

I got one of the first Droid Turbos and could have upgraded if things had not turned out.

The old battery would drop to 95% after a couple of hours just being off the charger. Now it is 99% after a few hours.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
It went well. Charging now. It was actually easier that I thought it would be. Took about 30 minutes. And that's only because I watched a few different videos about 50 times.

The only thing I have to figure out is how long the battery will last on each charge.
Before the update to MM, I got about 8 hours with heavy use. After MM it went to about 10 hours.

Going to charge overnight and see how well it does over the weekend.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
It went well. Charging now. It was actually easier that I thought it would be. Took about 30 minutes. And that's only because I watched a few different videos about 50 times.

The only thing I have to figure out is how long the battery will last on each charge.
Before the update to MM, I got about 8 hours with heavy use. After MM it went to about 10 hours.

Going to charge overnight and see how well it does over the weekend.

Awesome. Let us know how it goes.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. Let us know how it goes.
Well I can already tell it's not going very well. Had it off charger about 6 hours. Used it normally, but just in wifi. Played some games, watched a few videos on youtube, read some mail, and read several news sites.

It shut down and won't turn back on. I think it was at about 50% battery. I plan to reinstall my original battery.

Going to send this one back and look around for another. I knew it would be a crap shoot. I will keep trying. Might look at a Brazilian site since it was a popular phone there.

Oh well. At least it's not a new phone and I'm out hundreds of dollars. It's actually a third phone as a backup. Moto Z Force and Play are main phones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38