01-14-2017 05:21 PM
26 12
tools
    My Motorola Droid only has a 3 hour charge. I tried to get rid of apps and other things and it hasn't worked.
    12-21-2016 10:19 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
    2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
    3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
    4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html
    12-21-2016 11:16 PM
    Battery replacement IS feasible, but do try the above procedure first.
    12-22-2016 12:46 AM
    My Motorola Droid only has a 3 hour charge. I tried to get rid of apps and other things and it hasn't worked.
    How old is your phone? Just curious.

I ordered a new battery and will be replacing mine after the first week of January. I got mine on the release date but still has good battery life. Started out with 3 day battery life. Now just over 2 years later it's down to 1.5 days. Hoping new battery bumps it back up.

Battery replacement doesn't look hard. Couple YouTube videos out there show step by step instructions.

But I don't use it as daily phone anymore. Switched to Z Force. However after I replace the battery I plan to activate it and use it for a week to judge the battery.
    88horizon5speed likes this.
    12-24-2016 09:32 AM
    Mind that adhesive $#¡+, it can really hold on!
    mobrules likes this.
    12-24-2016 10:29 PM
    Mind that adhesive $#¡+, it can really hold on!
    Thanks I will. I will be ordering battery at the end of this week. I will post updates.
    01-01-2017 02:20 PM
    Really interested in hearing how you guys make out with this.
    01-01-2017 02:51 PM
    Really interested in hearing how you guys make out with this.
    Yep, me too.
    01-01-2017 04:02 PM
    I don't expect too many issues. I just replaced the battery in a Razr Maxx HD, and a couple iPhones batteries for family.
    The trick is getting a battery that's in good shape with charging cycles left. I have been lucky so far.
    01-02-2017 10:08 PM
    Hi
    I just replaced by battery with one I got from Amazon. It was a Motorola brand battery.

I followed the instructions on the video pausing it at each step.

The case opened up without much problem using the pry tool. There was double sided tape on the old battery that I used to secure the new battery while reassembling. Make sure you do this in a place where you keep track of all the parts.

The hardest part was re-inserting the ribbon cable and clamping it back in. The first time i tried the screen did not come on. The second time the screen came on but it did not respond to touches. The third time I made sure the white line on the ribbon lined up with the clamp and everything worked. I have not tried the Qi charging yet but I don't think I damaged it.

I got one of the first Droid Turbos and could have upgraded if things had not turned out.

The old battery would drop to 95% after a couple of hours just being off the charger. Now it is 99% after a few hours.
    PowrDroid and doogald like this.
    01-05-2017 06:55 PM
    That's great. Do you have a link to that battery?
    01-05-2017 07:01 PM
    Thanks for the report, ghbishop.
    01-05-2017 07:24 PM
    Thanks for the update.......Ordered mine today.
    01-06-2017 09:34 AM
    Which one are you guys ordering?
    01-06-2017 09:52 AM
    https://phonepartsusa.com/motorola-d...oduct_id=13186
    Ordered a Razr Maxx HD battery from here. It worked great, and for less than $10.
    01-06-2017 07:30 PM
    Just a quick update. Battery will be delivered today. If it comes early I will do it today hopefully.
    PowrDroid likes this.
    01-13-2017 09:28 AM
    Let us know how it goes.
    01-13-2017 08:31 PM
    It went well. Charging now. It was actually easier that I thought it would be. Took about 30 minutes. And that's only because I watched a few different videos about 50 times.

The only thing I have to figure out is how long the battery will last on each charge.
    Before the update to MM, I got about 8 hours with heavy use. After MM it went to about 10 hours.

Going to charge overnight and see how well it does over the weekend.
    PowrDroid likes this.
    01-13-2017 10:07 PM
    It went well. Charging now. It was actually easier that I thought it would be. Took about 30 minutes. And that's only because I watched a few different videos about 50 times.

The only thing I have to figure out is how long the battery will last on each charge.
    Before the update to MM, I got about 8 hours with heavy use. After MM it went to about 10 hours.

Going to charge overnight and see how well it does over the weekend.
    Awesome. Let us know how it goes.
    01-13-2017 10:36 PM
    Awesome. Let us know how it goes.
    Well I can already tell it's not going very well. Had it off charger about 6 hours. Used it normally, but just in wifi. Played some games, watched a few videos on youtube, read some mail, and read several news sites.

It shut down and won't turn back on. I think it was at about 50% battery. I plan to reinstall my original battery.

Going to send this one back and look around for another. I knew it would be a crap shoot. I will keep trying. Might look at a Brazilian site since it was a popular phone there.

Oh well. At least it's not a new phone and I'm out hundreds of dollars. It's actually a third phone as a backup. Moto Z Force and Play are main phones.
    01-14-2017 12:28 PM
    Well I can already tell it's not going very well. Had it off charger about 6 hours. Used it normally, but just in wifi. Played some games, watched a few videos on youtube, read some mail, and read several news sites.

It shut down and won't turn back on. I think it was at about 50% battery. I plan to reinstall my original battery.

Going to send this one back and look around for another. I knew it would be a crap shoot. I will keep trying. Might look at a Brazilian site since it was a popular phone there.

Oh well. At least it's not a new phone and I'm out hundreds of dollars. It's actually a third phone as a backup. Moto Z Force and Play are main phones.
    You have the exact same setup as me (Force, Play as main phones and OG Turbo as backup). I kind of like the size of the Turbo best. My dream would be to put the Moto Z Play internals into the Turbo body. The Force is a good phone, but isn't special in any particular respect.
    01-14-2017 01:05 PM
    You have the exact same setup as me (Force, Play as main phones and OG Turbo as backup). I kind of like the size of the Turbo best. My dream would be to put the Moto Z Play internals into the Turbo body. The Force is a good phone, but isn't special in any particular respect.
    That's awesome. I find myself using the Play more than anything. Battery life can't be beat. Verizon is kinda funny now and then when I call and switch them. Yesterday I used the Turbo, last night switched to Play. I haven't even powered on the Force in a week.

Ordered a G4 last night off Amazon to play with too. Guess I could be called a Moto Fanboy. Every smart phone I've ever owned has been a Moto product.

Side note I search around a bit and it's frustrating all the cheap, but decent specs, that work on att but not Verizon. Honor, Asus, Xiaomi, OnePlus just to name a few.

I will say I used the Force about 2 weeks ago to take photos at Grand Canyon. Pictures came out amazing.
    01-14-2017 02:57 PM
    That's awesome. I find myself using the Play more than anything. Battery life can't be beat. Verizon is kinda funny now and then when I call and switch them. Yesterday I used the Turbo, last night switched to Play. I haven't even powered on the Force in a week.

Ordered a G4 last night off Amazon to play with too. Guess I could be called a Moto Fanboy. Every smart phone I've ever owned has been a Moto product.

Side note I search around a bit and it's frustrating all the cheap, but decent specs, that work on att but not Verizon. Honor, Asus, Xiaomi, OnePlus just to name a few.

I will say I used the Force about 2 weeks ago to take photos at Grand Canyon. Pictures came out amazing.
    Why do you have to call Verizon to switch? Why not just pop out the SIM card?
    01-14-2017 03:10 PM

That's a bummer. Did you use any of the special plastic pry tools or other specialized tools that are available?

Such as here:
    https://www.amazon.com/KR-NET-3900mA...cUvbUpU5643737
    01-14-2017 04:17 PM
    Why do you have to call Verizon to switch? Why not just pop out the SIM card?
    Just always the way I've done it. But when the G4 is delivered tomorrow i plan to just use the Turbo sim card to activate it.
    01-14-2017 05:18 PM
26 12