I recently received the update to Marshmallow for my Droid Turbo. Since then, my battery life has gone to crap. I used to enjoy 12 to 15 hours of normal use before I had to charge it. Now I'm lucky to 12 hours when I don't use it at all. I checked the battery graph and my WiFi is using almost 30% of the battery when my phone is sitting doing nothing and the DOSE feature is supposed to be working. This is out of control. I've done all the recommended adjustments, but WiFi is still using tons of power. If I turn WiFi off completely, I'm back up to my normal battery life.

After checking the power usage of the WiFi, here is what it shows using: Time On: 1H 46MIN; CPU 5s; Computer power use: 446mAh.

This is not acceptable. Google, What is the deal with this excessive WiFi power usage?
    12-30-2016 03:27 PM
    Look under advanced settings under wifi. There's a setting for keeping wifi connection on while the phone is sleeping. Set it to never, unless you have a reason to keep it on.

If you don't already have it install gsam battery monitor. Just let it run. It will identify what apps are using the battery.
    This is not acceptable. Google, What is the deal with this excessive WiFi power usage?
    You need to figure what apps are using WiFi. I suspect there is an app that is constantly synching.
    maxman1 likes this.
    12-30-2016 03:32 PM
    Look under advanced settings under wifi. There's a setting for keeping wifi connection on while the phone is sleeping. Set it to never, unless you have a reason to keep it on.

If you don't already have it install gsam battery monitor. Just let it run. It will identify what apps are using the battery.
    12-30-2016 08:13 PM
    I had the same battery draining issue too but, with the screen after the update. The screen was accounting for 23% of use only after being off the charger for about 2-3 hours.

It was like the screen was in use when it wasn't even on. I never found what was making it so high. I did a FDR (Factory Data Reset) and that solved the problem. After the FDR I thought about maybe it was the developer UI settings that I enabled that caused it.
    01-02-2017 11:39 PM