can't boot into recovery mode

Angus Repper

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Trying to clear my cache partition and when I try to boot into recovery mode using the volume down and power button, I am brought to the recovery menu. However, after selecting it, I see a dead Android robot and a 'no command' message.

My OS is marshmallow. I was part of the original soak. Any advice? Thanks.

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If your bootloader is unlocked, then you can flash a recovery or alternate recovery onto the recovery partition. Otherwise, you couldn't use RSD Lite to install the factory firmware which will give you back Factory recovery as well as erasing the phone... Unless you remove the erase user data line from the XML file.

Angus Repper

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Thanks everyone. Still not able to get this corrected. Still get the same message and can't seem to get to a 'wipe cache' prompt.

No big deal. It's not like I see any performance detriment yet. This phone is still fantastic in all regards for my modest needs.

Angus Repper

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Is it possible that your volume up button isn't working?

Thanks for the suggestion.... But volume button send to be working fine.

I've cleared cache a dozen or times with lollipop...No problem. Seems peculiar that it coincides with upgrade.

Like I said though... Phone is still running great after all these years.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion.... But volume button send to be working fine.

I've cleared cache a dozen or times with lollipop...No problem. Seems peculiar that it coincides with upgrade.

Like I said though... Phone is still running great after all these years.
From the 'no command' screen try holding Power for 3-5 seconds and then press and release Volume up.

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I think you're forgetting a step.

Press and hold the Volume Down button. While still holding Volume Down button, press and release the Power button.
Press and release the Volume Down button until you reach Recovery Mode.

Press and release the Power button to select Recovery Mode. The device will restart. An image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark will appear.
Press and hold the Power button, press the Volume Up button once and then release the Power button.

Use the Volume buttons to scroll to Wipe Cache Partition and press the Power button to select it. If an additional confirmation screen appears, use the Volume buttons to scroll to Yes and the Power button to select it.
Once the cache wipe has completed, press the Power button to select Reboot System Now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca