05-07-2017 11:39 PM
30 12
tools
    You noted passing on the Pixel. May I ask why? My wife went with the G6 against the Pixel because the bezels were awful and the low IP rating would have been a deal breaker for her work and how she uses the phone.
    Ugly phone, no waterproofing, I have read about quality control issues... Samsung just has the latest and greatest of hardware... My second choice was LG G6. Went with 8plus over G6 after seeing over 7 hours of battery life (constant use) and the speed test videos on YouTube.. Plus all the camera samples.. That 835 chip flies.
    MA2GA28 likes this.
    04-10-2017 01:18 PM
    One thing I haven't seen mentioned here that matters a LOT to me is the pulsing notifications that this phone has. The newer Moto's don't "breathe", only showing the notification one time forcing you to wave your hand over the display to see if you have any new notifications.

I have the Moto Z Droid and think it's a fabulous phone. But this change in notifications that the Turbo had has bothered me to the point where I repurchased a Turbo a few weeks ago. It's a great phone!
    04-26-2017 02:05 PM
    If your current phone is still usable, no one really needs to buy a new phone.
    04-26-2017 02:26 PM
    I still miss my Turbo. Battery was holding anymore and battery replacement went bad. It held a charge for about a week then died. So decided to move on.
    Z Force was my choice and it's a beast. Absolutely stellar phone. Can't think of a single thing I don't like except battery life. I still use it once or twice a week but mainly to play around with camera.

On black friday had a chance to pick up a free Z Play. That is by far the best battery life I've ever seen. Mainly 2 day but have gone 3 before. Screen shots are somewhere here in other forums for proof.

Had some Amazon credits and picked up G4 plus. Great phone too. Really decent battery life.

So the G4 is a daily driver, Z Force once or twice a week and Z Play maybe once every two weeks. Since the Z's only get charged once a month I figure I'm set for about 4 more years.

If I decide to get a decent battery for my Turbo I would love to have that to play with. It was a great phone.
    05-07-2017 10:30 PM
    As has been pointed out, unless you have a replaceable battery you're going to hit the wall eventually. You can invest in a factory replacement but those normally don't come cheap.
    05-07-2017 11:39 PM
30 12