I didn't see any thread on this topic. I heard there was a new security update from Verizon for the Turbo a couple of days ago and just downloaded and installed it now.

Anybody else get this security patch?
    gilgamess3 likes this.
    03-03-2017 07:13 PM
    I got it and installed it about an hour ago. Haven't seen any differences yet. Was hoping it would make USB sticks visible in native apps- no joy though.
    03-07-2017 08:40 PM
    Why is a mere "security update" so huge? Downloading...
    03-08-2017 12:46 AM
    I downloaded it last night and don't notice any difference.
    03-08-2017 03:08 AM
    I hope I don't jinx it, but my BT attached devices seem to stay connected much better now. I was having a hard time keeping them connected. Now, it's rock steady.
    03-08-2017 12:54 PM
    After the recent security update, my OG Droid Turbo no longer has the "twist" to open camera function? I cleared cache after the update, but haven't done a factory reset yet. Hate to do it, but will if I have to. Anyone run into similar problems?
    03-10-2017 08:39 AM
    After the recent security update, my OG Droid Turbo no longer has the "twist" to open camera function? I cleared cache after the update, but haven't done a factory reset yet. Hate to do it, but will if I have to. Anyone run into similar problems?
    My twist to open camera is still working.

Before you do a factory reset, check your Moto settings. Open your app drawer and tap on Moto. Tap the 3 diamond icon in the upper right corner of the screen. Tap Actions. Tap Twist for Quick Capture. Verify that it is set to ON.
    Jack33 likes this.
    03-10-2017 10:22 AM
    Thanks! That did the trick. Actually, the new update somehow shut off Moto app so just by going in it allowed me to sign in again and turn on all the features.

However, now my Droid is having problems answering calls!!! When someone calls, the phone would vibrate or ring, but I get a black screen and I can't answer it. The phone is stuck at that point and I have to manually shut it off and restart. I can call out, but not answer.

I called Verizon tech and they told me to do a factory reset, which I did; same result. The tech simply said I need a new phone. Uh, ok. Is that it? I need a new phone? Can someone help?

Don't you just love these updates. They screw up your phone, and it's always around the 2 year mark when your warranty is useless. Conspiracy I tell ya.

I-really-don't-like-updates.
    03-15-2017 08:07 PM