I'm asking this because I've never used up storage before on phones I've had for years but my Turbo is a replacement I've only had for the last 5 months. No downloaded music and I deleted apps. 500 pics (which is way less than I had on other phones), and texts much fewer than I ever had compared to a phone I've had for a couple years.
    I keep getting a message stating storage space is running out, functions may not work, and can't update apps or receive SMS.
    I now have 12 apps on my phone. (Not counting pre-installed but I have most of them disabled.
    Could this be a bug?
    04-04-2017 03:12 AM
    I'm asking this because I've never used up storage before on phones I've had for years but my Turbo is a replacement I've only had for the last 5 months. No downloaded music and I deleted apps. 500 pics (which is way less than I had on other phones), and texts much fewer than I ever had compared to a phone I've had for a couple years.
    I keep getting a message stating storage space is running out, functions may not work, and can't update apps or receive SMS.
    I now have 12 apps on my phone. (Not counting pre-installed but I have most of them disabled.
    Could this be a bug?
    Go into your settings and goto STORAGE. It will give you a run down of what's taking up space.
    Take a screen shot, so we can see. Depending on your phones storage, OS size, etc. Photos can be large depending on what setting you have for pic quality.
    04-04-2017 03:17 AM
    It looks like all the numbers add up but I can't figure out how, with so little on the phone.
    Attached Thumbnails What would cause my storage to be full?-screenshot_20170404-054145.jpg  
    04-04-2017 04:57 AM
    Well, it's definitely image files. Maybe get a good gallery app like QuickPic, that can look for images everywhere in storage, to help find the culprit image files. 500 photos will not take up that much storage.
    Ned Squiggly likes this.
    04-04-2017 05:35 AM
    Well, it's definitely image files. Maybe get a good gallery app like QuickPic, that can look for images everywhere in storage, to help find the culprit image files. 500 photos will not take up that much storage.
    Ya even at very high quality say 12MB each photo. That's still only 6GB
    There is something odd going on there, unless you have way more than 500 photos and they are super high quality
    04-07-2017 09:52 PM
    Is it possible that they are cached images from an app like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.?
    04-08-2017 04:05 PM
    Is it possible that they are cached images from an app like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.?
    The only social media app I have is Facebook.
    A little while ago "Google photos" app mysteriously appeared on my phone. Occasionally it notifies me with an edited version of a random photo I took and suggests I share it. Or it'll put together a collage. I opened the app and there are pics I previously deleted in my phone gallery.
    So maybe that's it. Maybe all my photos are doubled on the phone because of this app.
    I didn't ask for "Google photos" don't know why it got installed on my phone.
    04-10-2017 08:53 PM