Suddenly battery draining

Ned Squiggly

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I haven't been in a hurry to upgrade to a new phone. This phone has been the best and the battery has been a beast.
But the last few days the battery has been draining fast. I check the battery stats and it's not any app, it's cell standby. When everything else is using 3-4% battery, cell standby is using 30%.
Anyone know what might be causing this? I don't understand how cell standby could be using way more battery than apps, or even the screen.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been in a hurry to upgrade to a new phone. This phone has been the best and the battery has been a beast.
But the last few days the battery has been draining fast. I check the battery stats and it's not any app, it's cell standby. When everything else is using 3-4% battery, cell standby is using 30%.
Anyone know what might be causing this? I don't understand how cell standby could be using way more battery than apps, or even the screen.
Can't answer your question about why cell standby is draining your battery but I had the rapidly draining battery problem and found a fix.

Performed a "wipe cache partition" and my battery is back to normal.

Instructions:

https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solution/MS102367