I haven't been in a hurry to upgrade to a new phone. This phone has been the best and the battery has been a beast.
    But the last few days the battery has been draining fast. I check the battery stats and it's not any app, it's cell standby. When everything else is using 3-4% battery, cell standby is using 30%.
    Anyone know what might be causing this? I don't understand how cell standby could be using way more battery than apps, or even the screen.
    VZWsucks likes this.
    08-24-2017 12:32 AM
    Could be location, app advert download,...
    08-24-2017 07:04 AM
    I haven't been in a hurry to upgrade to a new phone. This phone has been the best and the battery has been a beast.
    But the last few days the battery has been draining fast. I check the battery stats and it's not any app, it's cell standby. When everything else is using 3-4% battery, cell standby is using 30%.
    Anyone know what might be causing this? I don't understand how cell standby could be using way more battery than apps, or even the screen.
    Can't answer your question about why cell standby is draining your battery but I had the rapidly draining battery problem and found a fix.

Performed a "wipe cache partition" and my battery is back to normal.

Instructions:

https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/...ution/MS102367
    VZWsucks likes this.
    08-24-2017 09:25 AM
    One reason that cell standby will use a lot of battery if you have a poor mobile signal.
    08-24-2017 05:31 PM