Battery Issues with Flashlight App

Moondoggy

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is a question or a comment as I'm just seeking more information. Has anyone heard or experienced a phone charging/battery drain issue with Flashlight apps from Google Play running on their phones?

I have a Verizon Droid Turbo and over the last month or so I've been having issues with charging the phone that sometimes results in a complete drain on the battery. What I was seeing is that I could sometimes plug the turbo charger into the phone and you would get an indicator that said that the phone recognized the turbo charger but when I went to use the phone after the charge the phone would be dead. Sometimes it would look like it was charging but then it would stop charging and again the battery would drain. I assumed that it might be a defective charger but after buying one from Verizon it didn't seem to make a difference. The only thing that did seem t work was to power off the phone and then plug in the charger and although it was frustrating it worked.

Yesterday, however when I was speaking to a 2nd level Verizon support rep on a 4G LTE reception issue I mentioned the charging issue and the rep asked me if I had any flashlight apps installed and I stated that I had the Super-Bright LED Flashlight by Surpax installed. She then asked me to uninstall that app as it was most likely the problem. The rep then asked me to plug in my turbo charger and my phone which was a 36% charged immediately started a fast charge. I've messed with this a few times now and each time I plug in my phone things are working normally again.

Has anyone heard or experienced a similar issue with their Android phone? Do you know the cause of this problem as I've had this same flashlight app on all of my smart phones.

Thanks,

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is a question or a comment as I'm just seeking more information. Has anyone heard or experienced a phone charging/battery drain issue with Flashlight apps from Google Play running on their phones?

I have a Verizon Droid Turbo and over the last month or so I've been having issues with charging the phone that sometimes results in a complete drain on the battery. What I was seeing is that I could sometimes plug the turbo charger into the phone and you would get an indicator that said that the phone recognized the turbo charger but when I went to use the phone after the charge the phone would be dead. Sometimes it would look like it was charging but then it would stop charging and again the battery would drain. I assumed that it might be a defective charger but after buying one from Verizon it didn't seem to make a difference. The only thing that did seem t work was to power off the phone and then plug in the charger and although it was frustrating it worked.

Yesterday, however when I was speaking to a 2nd level Verizon support rep on a 4G LTE reception issue I mentioned the charging issue and the rep asked me if I had any flashlight apps installed and I stated that I had the Super-Bright LED Flashlight by Surpax installed. She then asked me to uninstall that app as it was most likely the problem. The rep then asked me to plug in my turbo charger and my phone which was a 36% charged immediately started a fast charge. I've messed with this a few times now and each time I plug in my phone things are working normally again.

Has anyone heard or experienced a similar issue with their Android phone? Do you know the cause of this problem as I've had this same flashlight app on all of my smart phones.

Thanks,

I just removed a Flashlight app from my friends phone that was not only eating battery but also using massive data! yes DATA. So I uninstalled it.

adamgilcrist

Nov 29, 2017
Visit site
Yes, definitely if you use flashlight app in your mobile, then your battery will drain faster than normal, sometime it create battery issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL