Droid ultra leaked photo

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
EXCUSE ME? When it comes to cell phones, "most people" are not like the people on these forums, meaning that they don't treat phones the way crack addicts feed their addictions with more crack. "most people" upgrade every two years or so when their account has an upgrade available.

Im sorry if I offended you, personally I upgrade my phone every two years, as I am in the same boat with you. I was just stating what I have concluded from my observations over the past two years. Trust me I ask these people all the time how they are able to buy phones off contract so frequently. You'd be amazed, some buy a new device every 3 months!! It's ridiculous, I don't know why people feel the need to constantly have the latest and greatest. But once again, I apologize if I offended you in any way.

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Let me just say this--I am on board for this phone. I want THIS phone. If the rumored 48 hours of batter life is true. then i don't care if it doesn't have a removable battery or an sd card. But then again i haven't really ever cared about those things. Motorola can have my money.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Let me just say this--I am on board for this phone. I want THIS phone. If the rumored 48 hours of batter life is true. then i don't care if it doesn't have a removable battery or an sd card. But then again i haven't really ever cared about those things. Motorola can have my money.

I agree, those two things aren't even on the spectrum of how I analyze devices. I get how they could be important to some people, but with the myriad of other options for storage and charging solutions, we can probably focus on more important line items.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Based on how I used the SD card in my original DROID and my current DROID Bionic + how I use the Nexus 7 without an SD card, SD card is pretty irrelevant to me.

Russell Anderson

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
My issue with non-removable battery is not battery life as much as the life of the battery. On my GS2, the battery crapped out after a year and the phone wouldn't stay on longer than 2 minutes without being plugged in. With a removable battery, I just had to go online and order a new one and a few days later I was back in business. Plus I spend a lot of time on the road in areas with less than desirable reception that chews through battery real quick so it's nice to be able to swap out a new battery and go about my day instead of leaving my phone plugged in all day in the hot truck. I know alot of people don't care about removable batteries, but that doesn't mean it isn't necessary for some of the rest of us.

Posted via Android Central App

I would just like to say that Motorola has really solid battery technology... I've almost had my RAZR (not MAXX version)for 2 years now and it still lasts just as long as it did on day 1.

I can only imagine their battery tech has improved in the past 2 years.

Motorola's history in both the consumer space (Google's Motorola Mobility) and commercial space (Motorola Solutions) has been largely dependant on the battery with its mobile phones and two-way radios over the years and they have devoted a lot of dollars towards battery R&D.

You really can't compare a Samsung device with a Motorola device. I have noticed over the years that Motorola's devices always feel MUCH more sturdy in the hand (and when dropped - oops..) than Samsung phones do. Also, my Razr - 2 years old still lasts longer on one charge than my roomates GS3 and my friends GS4 with GPS/4G/WiFi/data syncing etc all turned on while they turn theirs off to try and last more than 6-8 hours.

The fact that the battery is not removable was one of the reasons I was reluctant to not buy a RAZR after having a removable battery since I had my first smartphone, but the performance has well surpassed my expectations.

I am looking forward to upgrading to the ULTRA when it is released and I expect the battery will not dissapoint.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Motorola phones have been outsourced to China for a very long time including Foxconn. Quality control and parts supply has been an issue the entire time. That's why so few carriers have Motorola phones now.
There is nothing special about their batteries or radios. Both are commodity items.
Quality control and reliability issues are a major reason why they have been operating at a loss for so long. It's expensive to constantly replace or fix devices and keep lots of parts on hand.
Google has really shaken up the company though and has replaced most of the old Motorola executive and management staff. But they have done layoffs too and people still there from the old Moto aren't sure what Googles long term plans are for products. Also very few of the new staff have any manufacturing background.
I'd like to see them be a contender again and maybe they can if that's what Google wants. But they risk alienating other Android manufacturers who are also losing money (except Samsung) and don't want to compete directly with Google on top of their other issues.
I think they should just make Nexus devices and that's all.
Buying Motorola for their patents turned out to be a very expensive disaster although a lot of people think the real reason Google bought Motorola is because Motorola was desperate for revenue and was threatening to sue all the other Android OEMs to get some sort of revenue. There's really little doubt Google was snookered by the then CEO of Motorola who was hired to sell the company and received a massive bonus when he did so.

Seems to me Motorola devices have historically shipped with stronger and more reliable call and data radios and better batteries than certain companies that are well known for "remuvible battereez and sd K4rdz". The former > the latter.

Nowadays it's hard NOT to buy a phone that isn't assembled in a crapconn plant, but I've always felt Moto uses higher quality parts in that assembly than Asian OEM's do.

Last edited:

bamabun

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
has anyone here complaining about no removable battery ever used a maxx or maxx hd? if not, you are really doing yourself an injustice by closing your mind. Moto has the best phones out by a long shot.

their radios are superior to every phone i have ever tried, htc inc/inc2/rezound, samsung nexus/s3, etc.
battery is simply the best
as to know sd card, that sux. it wont really effect me, but it does suck, i like the option
soft buttons suck! they turn a 4.7" phone into a 4.3" turrible

i cannot wait for the ultra maxx!!! very excited.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
My dad has the max hd, and the longest his battery has ever lasted was ~ three days. So really the non removable battery issue, shouldn't really be an issue.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I give you all day that a two day, even a day and a half, battery would make the removable a non issue, but I have yet to see that in a smart phone. I don't agree with the Moto having the best hardware statement. I will agree that everyone has their preference for manufacturer. So give me a solid 36 - 48 hour battery and I will never complain that it isn't removable.

bamabun

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I give you all day that a two day, even a day and a half, battery would make the removable a non issue, but I have yet to see that in a smart phone. I don't agree with the Moto having the best hardware statement. I will agree that everyone has their preference for manufacturer. So give me a solid 36 - 48 hour battery and I will never complain that it isn't removable.

have you owned either of the maxx phones? they have done this for quite some time! also, as far as the best hardware statement, it is true. (i know it is subjective!) they just havent had the knock em dead top tier phones that guys here like. when everyone was going quad core, 1080p, etc. the maxx hd was dual core, 720p etc. but...........

they just work better than any other smartphone i have ever used. radios and battery are THE most important items in a mobile smart PHONE! who cares about all the other crap if you cant make a call or get data or it is dead. in this aspect, moto wins hands down. if other folks flashy GS3/4s open an app .7 seconds faster than mine oh well. if they are enjoying all that 5" 1080p goodness while watching tv or movies oh well. i need my phone to conduct business, and if it is dead or cant connect, im screwed.

that is why i am thrilled with the moto ultra maxx. quad core, large 1080p, big *** battery, moto build quality, all built in US from the new Google/Moto... something sounds pretty badass about that

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
On the removable battery... I was dead set against a phone that didn't have a removable battery. I'd always take 2-3 batteries on vacation so I could swap them out during the day while I was away from a charger with my Galaxy Nexus. That was one of the reasons I never got an iPhone. Then I got my Maxx HD and I am perfectly fine without a battery. With my Nexus I'd often have to plug in during my 10h shift in the ER and would be down to 30% by the end of the shift. Yesterday I was at 87% at the end of 10h with my MAXX. I'm hardly ever lower than 80% at the end of the shift.

I was assuming they'd come out with a MAXX replacement and I'm hoping assuming that there will be an Ultra MAXX. I also assume that phone and battery technology is coming along allowing more efficient use of the battery to provide even longer life, so perhaps a smaller lighter 2500mAH battery in a future phone might last the same as my 3300 mAh battery currently does.

Looking forward to seeing what these phones have in store. I'm sold on this battery life and couldn't see having a phone with a "regular" battery every again.

Honestabebread

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I do some stuff for Verizon and they're talking 7-8 days from a 2500MAH battery once everything is VoLTE and the phone only powers one chip.

Sent from my XT907 using AC Forums mobile app

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I do some stuff for Verizon and they're talking 7-8 days from a 2500MAH battery once everything is VoLTE and the phone only powers one chip.

Sent from my XT907 using AC Forums mobile app

When is that supposed to be?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
My dad has the max hd, and the longest his battery has ever lasted was ~ three days. So really the non removable battery issue, shouldn't really be an issue.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

It shouldn't be an issue to you. To me, I might as well buy an iPhone.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca