No MicroSDXC card slot,

No removable battery,

No. Thanks, but NO.

lumpysherman likes this.
    07-07-2013 06:12 PM
    No MicroSDXC card slot,

No removable battery,

No. Thanks, but NO.

Yea chances are since Google now owns Motorola we won't ever see a Motorola device with a removable battery or sd slot.

Sent from my GS4 running the Google Edition Rom
    07-07-2013 06:14 PM
    Yea chances are since Google now owns Motorola we won't ever see a Motorola device with a removable battery or sd slot.

Sent from my GS4 running the Google Edition Rom
    Seems as though Motorola hasn't shipped a major phone with a removable battery for awhile now.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-07-2013 06:16 PM
    Seems as though Motorola hasn't shipped a major phone with a removable battery for awhile now.
    Guess this means I won't be shipping my money to Motorola.
    wnflyer and Serial Fordicator like this.
    07-07-2013 09:00 PM
    They sell the amazing battery life in these devices as a defining feature...

Transmitted through spacetime.
    TheLibertarian and cheeta186 like this.
    07-07-2013 11:24 PM
    Well it is a defining feature.
    07-07-2013 11:38 PM
    They sell the amazing battery life in these devices as a defining feature...

Transmitted through spacetime.
    Because on the MAXX variants, it's true - no removable battery necessary.

07-07-2013 11:58 PM
    Love it those features are so 2000. Not needed.
    No MicroSDXC card slot,

No removable battery,

No. Thanks, but NO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    07-08-2013 12:00 AM
    Love it those features are so 2000. Not needed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Seems to me Motorola devices have historically shipped with stronger and more reliable call and data radios and better batteries than certain companies that are well known for "remuvible battereez and sd K4rdz". The former > the latter.

Nowadays it's hard NOT to buy a phone that isn't assembled in a crapconn plant, but I've always felt Moto uses higher quality parts in that assembly than Asian OEM's do.
    Ry likes this.
    07-08-2013 05:32 AM
    My issue with non-removable battery is not battery life as much as the life of the battery. On my GS2, the battery crapped out after a year and the phone wouldn't stay on longer than 2 minutes without being plugged in. With a removable battery, I just had to go online and order a new one and a few days later I was back in business. Plus I spend a lot of time on the road in areas with less than desirable reception that chews through battery real quick so it's nice to be able to swap out a new battery and go about my day instead of leaving my phone plugged in all day in the hot truck. I know alot of people don't care about removable batteries, but that doesn't mean it isn't necessary for some of the rest of us.

07-08-2013 09:28 AM
    While I am a fan of the 2000s as moosc put it, I do like the removable battery. SD card is 50/50. Yes I like being able to transfer data anywhere without WiFi or data, but if the phone comes with enough storage that filling it up isn't going to be a problem then, I'd sacrifice that for a battery I can change. I give you that sealed units have better batteries, but there is no substitute for being able to have a fresh battery when needed. Also if you look at some of the recent trouble reports around the forums, those Razr Max's are having all the symptoms of battery fatigue. Holding less charge and overheating, but now it's an insurance claim, or suffer, over going to eBay or somewhere and just getting what you need. Just so I don't get angry comments yes you can also get one of those boosters, but that's one more thing to carry and it might as well be an extra battery. A battery without the convenience of being part of the phone. (connected by a tether)
    07-08-2013 09:46 AM

You know, if they are going to keep doing that, they should atleast make the razr maxx battery standard in thier phones. I realize most people only keep thier devices on average ~1 year, but it would still be nice to replace the battery incase it randomly dies or something, without having to have it serviced. They act like it takes a Professional Technician to replace a phone battery or something.
    07-08-2013 04:30 PM
    07-08-2013 04:31 PM
    You know, if they are going to keep doing that, they should atleast make the razr maxx battery standard in thier phones. I realize most people only keep thier devices on average ~1 year, but it would still be nice to replace the battery incase it randomly dies or something, without having to have it serviced. They act like it takes a Professional Technician to replace a phone battery or something.
    It's all about price points. Having this new Ultra line with a Ultra Mini, Ultra, and Ultra Maxx allows them to sell phones for $100, $200, and $250/300 on-contract.

IIRC, the ~2500 mAh battery is no slouch on the current RAZR HD.
    Rizz1-2 likes this.
    07-08-2013 06:09 PM
    Guess this means I won't be shipping my money to Motorola.
    You would think these companies would have learned what consumers want by now. Hey motorola, my money is staying in my pocket. Too many other (better) options.
    07-08-2013 08:28 PM
    You would think these companies would have learned "what consumers want" by now. Hey motorola, my money is staying in my pocket. Too many other (better) options.
    There I fixed your post.
    07-08-2013 11:19 PM
    I realize most people only keep thier devices on average ~1 year, but it would still be nice to replace the battery incase it randomly dies or something, without having to have it serviced.
    EXCUSE ME? When it comes to cell phones, "most people" are not like the people on these forums, meaning that they don't treat phones the way crack addicts feed their addictions with more crack. "most people" upgrade every two years or so when their account has an upgrade available.
    Ry and osubeavs728 like this.
    07-09-2013 01:44 AM
    EXCUSE ME? When it comes to cell phones, "most people" are not like the people on these forums, meaning that they don't treat phones the way crack addicts feed their addictions with more crack. "most people" upgrade every two years or so when their account has an upgrade available.
    given that we're talking here as smartphone enthusiasts I doubt anyone here cares about what's acceptable for average users.
    07-09-2013 10:44 AM
    given that we're talking here as smartphone enthusiasts I doubt anyone here cares about what's acceptable for average users.
    But here's the thing. What's acceptable for average users is what the OEMs are going to put out.
    bp3dots likes this.
    07-09-2013 11:06 AM
    But here's the thing. What's acceptable for average users is what the OEMs are going to put out.
    Of course.

I was addressing his reaction to the other poster.
    07-09-2013 11:13 AM
    Im sorry if I offended you, personally I upgrade my phone every two years, as I am in the same boat with you. I was just stating what I have concluded from my observations over the past two years. Trust me I ask these people all the time how they are able to buy phones off contract so frequently. You'd be amazed, some buy a new device every 3 months!! It's ridiculous, I don't know why people feel the need to constantly have the latest and greatest. But once again, I apologize if I offended you in any way.
    07-09-2013 03:25 PM
    Let me just say this--I am on board for this phone. I want THIS phone. If the rumored 48 hours of batter life is true. then i don't care if it doesn't have a removable battery or an sd card. But then again i haven't really ever cared about those things. Motorola can have my money.
    Ry, osubeavs728 and Aquila like this.
    07-09-2013 10:23 PM
    Let me just say this--I am on board for this phone. I want THIS phone. If the rumored 48 hours of batter life is true. then i don't care if it doesn't have a removable battery or an sd card. But then again i haven't really ever cared about those things. Motorola can have my money.
    I agree, those two things aren't even on the spectrum of how I analyze devices. I get how they could be important to some people, but with the myriad of other options for storage and charging solutions, we can probably focus on more important line items.
    Ry and nexusisneecesary like this.
    07-10-2013 04:11 AM
    Based on how I used the SD card in my original DROID and my current DROID Bionic + how I use the Nexus 7 without an SD card, SD card is pretty irrelevant to me.
    Aquila likes this.
    07-10-2013 11:03 AM
49 12