Got mine this morning

FrogVomit

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I was still undecided between the Maxx and Ultra when I went to the store. Holding them side by side, the Maxx felt like a brick. The Ultra feels considerably thinner and lighter to me. I keep my phone in my pocket, and I hate having things in my pocket, so thin and light is important to me. I thought if the Maxx really is only slightly thicker and heavier, why not? Well, it didn't feel so slight.

I have no use for the extra 16 gigs, don't plan to use wireless charging, and would really only find the extra battery life useful when travelling, which is maybe once or twice per year.

I think the Ultra feels great in the hand ... not at all slippery, in fact quite the opposite. I do prefer the matte finish of the Maxx, but it wasn't a deal breaker. I look at the front of my phone, not the back, and the finger prints are there, whether you can see them or not!

The display looks fantastic to my 50 year old eyes (I can barely see the pixels on my 80 dpi desktop screen). The screen looks perfectly white (although I've seen quite a bit of variation in whites on OLED screens on the same model phone, from bluish to reddish).

Overall, it feels like a substantial upgrade to my tired Galaxy Nexus.

GNexROC

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
How is the signal and data speed compared to your old GNex? Any noticeable difference? Make any calls yet, and if so how is the call quality? Any microphone issues? The microphone on my GNex cuts out every few minutes during lengthy calls and the voice quality is miserable.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I got the Maxx and would have to say it feels nothing like a brick. When I first picked it up I thought it had to be the ultra. No way they could have fit that size of battery in it. No it's not as thin as the ultra. But it's crazy thin for a huge battery phone

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I accidentally bought one today. I was planning on just looking at it and waiting for the X to compare them but when I held that beautiful red phone in my hand it started tugging on my heartstrings. Its gonna be an adjustment though. This thing is so flippin thin. After hauling around a Bionic for the past 2 years, it doesn't even feel like I'm holding anything when I have it in my hand. Love the feel of it, can't wait to start playing but the battery is at 8% right now :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03