Battery Usage

harrisondisc

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else's Ultra having the display use over 50% of battery? I feel like that's too much.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

FrogVomit

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
It's all relative. Are you happy with the battery life or not? It's a big display, so it might use more power than your old phone. Also, the newer processors might be more efficient, so the display would use a larger percentage, but the total power used might be lower than your old phone. If the phone had super efficient processors that used almost no power, the display might use 99% ... would you be happy with that? I sure would!

harrisondisc

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm coming from a DNA that I was running a custom kernel on, I'm just not used to seeing that large of a percentage. I assumed the display on then ultra would use less power. I'm only a day in, so I'll give it some time to settle. Just wanted to see what others experienced so far.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else's Ultra having the display use over 50% of battery? I feel like that's too much.

I have a MAXX and so far the screen has been in the 40s, even hi 40s, so I would say this is not abnormal. It really depends on your use pattern.

Bobbie629

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Mine is also in the 40's, sometimes high 40's but since it has a dedicated processor for itself, it doesn't effect the battery the way you'd think.

Sent from my Ultra using AC Forums mobile app