Been taking a look at this phone

Eagles931

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
currently have an iphone 5 and im looking for something new. i narrowed it down to selling my iphone and getting either the droid ultra or the galaxy s4. which phone would you guys say is the all around better phone?

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
You might want to ask this question in the Droid Maxx forum as that one is much more active and they are practically the same phone except for bigger battery and more storage on the Maxx. Between the S4 and Maxx I would choose the Maxx hands down. Its just very smooth, love active notifications, touch less controls and the battery is unmatched.

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
The S4 is faster in terms of sheer horsepower. The Ultra is somewhat bigger. But the Ultra manages battery better and has some features the S4 doesn't, such as the notifiers, that I would miss if I went back to the S4. Which is unlikely since my youngest daughter took it :) Honestly, as a phone, I think the Ultra is better. Sound, speaker, features - all superior to the S4. The S4 *does* take a MicroSD card, which the Ultra does not. If you carry a lot of music or big files like movies, that's going to be a problem with the Ultra. So it very much depends on how you want to use the phone. If it's mostly a communications device, the Ultra is what you want. If it's a mix of games, movies and communications, then perhaps the S4. They are both excellent phones, so you won't lose either way.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
currently have an iphone 5 and im looking for something new. i narrowed it down to selling my iphone and getting either the droid ultra or the galaxy s4. which phone would you guys say is the all around better phone?

If I was going to switch I would look at the droid maxx or lg g2 they seem to be the best 2 phones out for Verizon.

Posted via Android Central App

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Actually, the best Verizon phone is probably going to be the Note 3, in terms of performance anyway. It even edges the G2. Of course I have no idea when it will be available.

*Update* Got off my **** and went to the Verizon site. They say it will ship 10/10. So that's not too long to wait. From the reviews it's a sweet phone. I had the Note 2 and sold it. It was too big for me.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Actually, the best Verizon phone is probably going to be the Note 3, in terms of performance anyway. It even edges the G2. Of course I have no idea when it will be available.

*Update* Got off my **** and went to the Verizon site. They say it will ship 10/10. So that's not too long to wait. From the reviews it's a sweet phone. I had the Note 2 and sold it. It was too big for me.

This is true if you want a larger phone. If you're looking for something smaller go with the Droid Ultra or if you would like a larger battery go with a Maxx. The S4 is a great device but my buddy is constantly complaining about the battery life.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
This is true if you want a larger phone. If you're looking for something smaller go with the Droid Ultra or if you would like a larger battery go with a Maxx. The S4 is a great device but my buddy is constantly complaining about the battery life.

Yeah, it's kind of a pig. But not much worse than most other phones. Motorola got that right.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's kind of a pig. But not much worse than most other phones. Motorola got that right.

Probably not. I haven't used a phone with mediocre battery life since the Droid RAZR. I've been using a Maxx variant or Note II since then.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
These responses are hilarious. OP asks for advice about 2 specific phones and gets answers ranging from "go ask in another forum(and not a form for either of the phones you asked about" to advertisements for other phones that he didn't ask about. Gotta love the (complete lack of) helpfulness around here.
But anywho...I have a couple friends who have the S4 and there are features that they loved showing off when they first got their phones but haven't used at all since. The Ultra runs circles around their phones. They both have said they wished they were on Verizon so they could get Ultras. I've convinced them that they don't really want to be on Verizon, but they both prefer the Ultra to the S4.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
These responses are hilarious. OP asks for advice about 2 specific phones and gets answers ranging from "go ask in another forum(and not a form for either of the phones you asked about" to advertisements for other phones that he didn't ask about. Gotta love the (complete lack of) helpfulness around here.
But anywho...I have a couple friends who have the S4 and there are features that they loved showing off when they first got their phones but haven't used at all since. The Ultra runs circles around their phones. They both have said they wished they were on Verizon so they could get Ultras. I've convinced them that they don't really want to be on Verizon, but they both prefer the Ultra to the S4.

There is nothing wrong with offering information about other devices. The original poster may have asked about specific devices but any help is appreciated here. I know where you're coming from though.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
There is nothing wrong with offering information about other devices. The original poster may have asked about specific devices but any help is appreciated here. I know where you're coming from though.

After several people have (extensively) answered the question, threads tend to morph. It happens on every discussion board, everywhere, and always has. Better get used to it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

All around? The Galaxy S4 will probably be good. Wider selection of accessories too.

But if you're looking at the DROID Ultra, you should also take a look at the Moto X.

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Let us know what you decide on going with and whether or not you like it.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

Of course my opinion is that the Ultra is the better all around phone. After all, that's why I chose it instead of the S4, which I did consider for a while. But every Samsung phone we have had in the past has given us trouble, so my experience with Samsung is not good, although I know people love their S4s. That's just my history with Samsung and it influenced my decision. On the other hand, Motorola phones have always held up well for us and I have a good history there. I even loved my much maligned Bionic and had absolutely no issues with it and regretted selling it and getting the Samsung Galaxy Nexus - which was a bad experience and gave me nothing but trouble. It was the same with my husband's Samsung Fascinate; he couldn't wait to dump it.

So we all go on a combination of our own experience and the experience of others I suppose, but usually your own experience will win out.

I am so far very pleased with my Ultra and I enjoy it more everyday. It has fantastic features that I have quickly become addicted to and I appreciate the really great functionality and usefulness of the features. It's a solid phone and I think I made the right decision.

My opinion, for what it's worth.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
The moto x has been dominating the new line up from moto. I've been most intrigued by the ultra myself

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app