07-31-2017 09:25 AM
63 123
tools
    I have been having same issue with Droid Maxx. Has been happening for the last 4 months. I have tried the partition wipe, factory data reset (wipe), all to no avail. Went through a chat with Motorola, their "solution", because phone was over a year old (1 year 3 months), was send it back to them, and they would send me a "like new" phone, once they received mine. All for $149.00 plus $24.99 (premium fee). If I wanted the "like new" phone sooner, they would send out to me ASAP, but put a hold on my credit card of $200.00, until they received my old phone. Then the $149 and $24.99 would kick in.

That was the only option given to me. They acknowledged that it was a hardware issue, but to no avail. Since troubleshooting was done, this is last option. I mentioned when you look at the reviews in Google Play Store, under Motorola Camera App, EVERYONE is having this issue!

I can not believe that this is how Motorola is handling this. I have also noticed that it is effecting Barcode Reader App as well. I am running 4.4.4.

Anyone have any solutions/tips yet?

BC
    08-17-2015 08:14 AM
    I have snapchat and the QR reader and both along with the camera would not function properly.

Tried many things suggested here on this forum: settings, apps, camera, clear cashe & force stop, and also uninstalled camera updates.... Power cycled phone after each of these and still the same problem. I assumed was definitely a hardware issue as this was a recently replaced warranty exchange.

Coincident or not, I'm not 100% sure, but I left the camera without updates (as installed in original format from the factory) completely uninstalled snapchat, then reinstalled snapchat and now all 3 apps work 100%.

I hope this may work for you!
    09-17-2015 12:56 PM
    how do you remove camera updates ???
    11-10-2015 04:31 AM
    I have a Droid Maxx. I have been reading through the posts and have tried some of the solutions to no avail. I dropped my phone on the upper right hand corner and soon after the camera started showing the error message. The one post a page or two back mentioned something about a circuit board the might not be making a connection. Well me being me, and I swear my brain works in mysterious ways, I thought it through and came to the conclusion that if the circuit board lost its connection when I dropped it "top down" to the ground a similar shock to the phone on the bottom of the phone would move the circuit board back into place. I'll be damned but the camera started working again.
    Mind you out of shear frustration, plus the phone was a refurbish, I hit it bottom down on my wooded desk with the amount of force you would need to bounce a tennis ball about 3' in the air. Call me crazy!! I would LOL. Good luck to all in solving this problem. Oh and let me know if this works for anyone who dares to try it.
    11-27-2015 07:33 PM
    Short and Sweet...Roll your left hand into a fist, holding your phone in your right hand screen facing upward, drop the phone into your fist. It's similar to clapping, but your hitting the back of your phone. I promise this works on my phone every time! No BS.

My camera worked fine for years, then it started working intermittently. Lately, it almost never works. I've tried all the stuff listed in these forums except a hard reset. Nothing has ever worked. I can usually get the camera to work if I click and try to open it enough times. There are times I may click 25+ times before it will work, and sometimes it will not work not matter how many times I try. I got mad one day when I really need to take a picture and the camera wouldn't work, and I slammed it into my fist. I immediately tried to open it again and it worked. That's what I always do now and it always works on my phone.
    07-12-2016 01:30 PM
    I've rebooted tried apps and even erases my entire phone completely what can I do besides going to Verizon store
    07-13-2016 07:20 PM
    I've rebooted tried apps and even erases my entire phone completely what can I do besides going to Verizon store
    I've had this problem on my droid ultra for about a year and a half now and I just figured there was nothing I could do. My bf and I went to Verizon, they basically said it happens and really didn't offer any help, and since we were getting our upgrade we just forgot about it. But here I am now, my phone just died last night and I thought I could use this one temporarily until I get a new one but the broken camera is bugging me. I've been messing with it for the last two hours and JUST FIXED IT. For some reason, uninstalling the Tesla LED app we had, (flashlight app) made the camera work. I'll update here if it stops working but right now it's working great. BTW I'm using a camera app I downloaded, gonna get the camera from this phone back and see if that works also. Hope this helps anybody.
    08-21-2016 12:08 PM
    I have snap chat. And it will not work at all nothing. That has to do with using the camera will not work its so annoying
    09-20-2016 06:44 AM
    Still getting please restart camera message after all the cache clearing, etc. Help?
    10-02-2016 05:07 PM
    I tried all suggestions mentioned. Eliminating cache from all camera apps. Erasing cache partitions, uninstalling camera updates. Nothing worked. I also installed Camera Zoom FX and it only restored backward facing camera. As my phone is over two years old I will likely get a new phone, unlikely a Motorola.
    10-20-2016 03:51 PM
    I would really like to not have to do a hard reset on my 1 month old Droid Ultra, but it may give me no choice. I have been getting this error "Camera Error, Camera is unable to initialize." on the camera function for a couple of days. I have stopped and restarted the service, have done countless soft resets, but I am still getting the error. There isn't a removable battery or that would be my next step. Please tell me there is something I don't know about that can correct this error. I would love not to have to take it to the Verizon store...the wait where I live is a PITA!
    My ultra max camera is not open please give soluton
    11-09-2016 07:31 AM
    I read all of the replies to avoid repeating something already posted. My cousin had this same problem on his Maxx. I did a system cache delete. That didn't fix it. Knowing his browsing habits, I looked in the Settings under Running. Carefully. It turned out that one of the web sites had installed an app without his knowledge. Removing that app and restarting resolved the problem. This worked on the Samsung he had before as well. I hope this helps.
    12-19-2016 09:06 PM
    I had this problem with lg g3. Nothing worked. I fixed it by taking off the injner cover- quite easy in a g3 13 small screws- and unclipping the rear camera coonector, a little flat rectangle to the left of the main lens, then cleaning both connector surfaces with a new soft brush and clipping it together firmly with digital pressure. Worked perfectly thereafter. I guess it had loosened with dropping or something. I had noticed that it might work when lying undisturbed then fail immediately when picked up. Like a loose connection or dirty. It's been fine ever since.
    07-31-2017 09:25 AM
63 123