10-30-2017 11:18 AM
29 12
tools
    Hi. I just bought the Ultra yesterday and uploaded all of my music. When I put my headphones on, I naturally put the volume on the lowest, just above mute. I never listen to music loud. I noticed that even in the lowest setting, it is too loud. It is almost like their version of low is loud. I have looked this up a bit online. Seems like this is an Android thing. Is there anyway to fix this? I tried numerous apps but no luck. I am in the process if contacting Motorola. Great phone just weird flaw.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-10-2013 09:50 AM
    Sounds like a defective unit. If the problem persists, return to a local store for a new one.
    12-10-2013 11:40 AM
    Hi and thanks for getting back to me. I don't think it is defective or anything. This seems to be the way Android sets their lowest volume to. I put in a ticket to talk to someone from Motorola. This seems to be a common setting in Android phones.

12-10-2013 01:01 PM
    Hi and thanks for getting back to me. I don't think it is defective or anything. This seems to be the way Android sets their lowest volume to. I put in a ticket to talk to someone from Motorola. This seems to be a common setting in Android phones.

Tested my Ultra and have zero issues with volume on the lowest setting when headphones are plugged in.
    12-11-2013 11:31 AM
    Tested my Ultra and have zero issues with volume on the lowest setting when headphones are plugged in.
    Same here. Its very low when set to the first setting.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    12-11-2013 02:22 PM
    Are you both on KitKat?

12-11-2013 06:19 PM
    Are you both on KitKat?

No, the Droid Maxx and Ultra haven't been updated to Kit Kat yet.

12-11-2013 10:17 PM
    Oh I see. When I bought the ultra. It prompted me to update to KitKat. I did contact Motorola but haven't heard back. Do you think I should call Verizon?

12-12-2013 09:01 AM
    Oh I see. When I bought the ultra. It prompted me to update to KitKat. I did contact Motorola but haven't heard back. Do you think I should call Verizon?

Are you sure its KitKat? There was an update but it shouldn't be KitKat. Go to Settings > About Phone. What's your Android Version? I'm on Jelly Bean (4.2.2)

12-12-2013 10:17 AM
    Hi. I'm on Jelly Bean.

12-12-2013 06:26 PM
    I've had no issues with the volume and ear phones either. In fact, I turn it up about halfway or more while walking and listening to music. Lowest setting is very low! Since you just got your Ultra you might want to take it in to Verizon and ask them to check it against another one and see if it is defective in some way. You could exchange if need be.
    12-12-2013 07:09 PM
    Hi! Thank you for your replies. I was able to see that it is just how the volume level setting is.

01-18-2014 07:32 AM
    I agree with the original poster. I just switched from the iPhone 5 to the Moto X, and the lowest volume setting is really loud. I work in an office, and I listen to headphones, and I want the music really soft (kind of background music), and the lowest setting on the Moto X is not even close. I looked around the Play Store for a while looking for an app that can provide more fine-grain control of the volume. If someone know of an app to do this, let me know.
    03-06-2014 11:34 AM
    I agree with the original poster. I just switched from the iPhone 5 to the Moto X, and the lowest volume setting is really loud. I work in an office, and I listen to headphones, and I want the music really soft (kind of background music), and the lowest setting on the Moto X is not even close. I looked around the Play Store for a while looking for an app that can provide more fine-grain control of the volume. If someone know of an app to do this, let me know.
    PlayerPro? There's a free trial and it goes very low. At least for my standards anyways. Then again I've never felt the sound was too loud at its lowest setting.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
    03-07-2014 03:41 AM
    I agree Moto X volume way too loud using LG HBS 730 headphones. I feel like I am still next to speakers in dance or concert hall. Clearly can be damaging to ears.

Need an app to finely scale down from lowest current volume. Any suggestions? Everything I am seeing is to boost volume! Not good!
    04-10-2014 04:32 PM
    Tried the Player Pro free trial version. It seems to be for managing play lists, etc.
    I'm on Pandora, do not see an additional volume control. Decided to uninstall it.
    Too too loud !
    04-10-2014 04:44 PM
    Hey guys I had the same problem, none of the volume-control apps i tried worked fine but I found that vlc media player has an ecualizer wich allows to control volume and you can set it very low.. Im using this to listen to music in bed or watching anime haha
    09-09-2014 09:10 PM
    Same problem, same phone. Solution - DSP manager app.
    09-16-2014 10:45 PM
    Hi. I just bought the Ultra yesterday and uploaded all of my music. When I put my headphones on, I naturally put the volume on the lowest, just above mute. I never listen to music loud. I noticed that even in the lowest setting, it is too loud. It is almost like their version of low is loud. I have looked this up a bit online. Seems like this is an Android thing. Is there anyway to fix this? I tried numerous apps but no luck. I am in the process if contacting Motorola. Great phone just weird flaw.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

I use Fine Volume Control V2.0 to fix the same problem on my moto x. It is working pretty well - 1% "normal" volume on the new Android is my average listening volume.
    09-23-2014 09:55 AM
    I had the same problem dsp manager works well and is free
    02-05-2015 12:30 PM
    Interesting to find this thread. I have the same issue on my BLU phone with android 4.2.1. The built in music app is just too loud on the first volume setting. I wish i knew if this was the phone's volume control issue or an android OS issue with 4.2.1. My previous android phone which was on an older android OS had no such issues with volume. On the lowest setting, one really should not be able to hear the words of the music clearly with the headphones laying on the desktop more that a foot away from my ear. I'm going to try the fine volume control app and see if that helps.
    02-18-2015 03:56 PM
    Yep Fine Volume Control app (FVC) trial works but it's $2.99 to buy. Disappointing that android isn't addressing this issue. My lowest phone volume is 13% by FVC standards...and 0 to 1% on FVC is where I like it here at work.
    02-18-2015 04:14 PM
    I like to listen to music in a very low noise work enviroment with a pait Bose noise cancelling headphones. So, even on the lowest settings the music is too loud. The DSP manager app is the only app I found that gets the music even lower. Thanks!!
    05-22-2015 10:40 AM
    Ok. I've had the same issue that volume 1 setting was full blast. At least 1/2 volume down would be better. It's all about the music and that unadjustable volume was frustrating. I have a different phone but think Android issues are universal. Most complaints were about the ugly new Google bar at the top of each page that cannot be removed or made transparent. The headphones that came with the phone have a little knob on the wire like an old speaker phone headset. By long pressing the knob you will get the "speak, I'm listening" Google page. The volume probably has to be lock-set by the manufacturer so Google can hear you respond. I think they standardized this but didn't inform anyone. A double tap at each end will forward or playback the music track you're listening to. So I had a different pair of earbuds that has a volume slider on that knob instead. WORKS PERFECTLY as a volume control. You can find one at most retailers. Just look for the knob that "adjusts volume" since there's different settings on different buds.

Thanks to all the Android Central members that have been so informative. It made my phone switch much quicker than just trying, failing and possibly damaging my new unit. Hope I was able to help someone too.
    11-25-2016 12:53 PM
    I found out how to manually set the different volume for each and every volume level.

I found the solution I needed in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si3y9MePWZk

You enter Engineer Mode by entering this code in the dialer: *#*#3646633#*#*

When you enter Engineer Mode:

1) Scroll to the right until you reach the tab "Hardware Testing".
    2) Select "Audio".
    3) Select "LoudSpeaker Mode", if you only want to modify the output from the loudspeaker.
    4) Change the "Type" drop-down to "Media", which will affect music playback volume, as well as the volume of your applications.
    5) Open the "Level" drop down, which should have 14 levels, note how the values under the drop-down change every time you pick a different level, those are the values that you need to modify.
    6) Set appropriate volumes for each level, but never go beyond the volume of level 14, or risk damaging your loudspeaker. I also recommend writing down the original volumes in case you want to restore them. You can have music running in the background while doing this, it will help you set the right volumes while listening.

I am not familiar with the other functions of Engineer Mode and I recommend not touching anything else.
    12-02-2016 05:49 PM
29 12