volume on lowest still too loud

anon(8331907)

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I just bought the Ultra yesterday and uploaded all of my music. When I put my headphones on, I naturally put the volume on the lowest, just above mute. I never listen to music loud. I noticed that even in the lowest setting, it is too loud. It is almost like their version of low is loud. I have looked this up a bit online. Seems like this is an Android thing. Is there anyway to fix this? I tried numerous apps but no luck. I am in the process if contacting Motorola. Great phone just weird flaw.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(8331907)

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi and thanks for getting back to me. I don't think it is defective or anything. This seems to be the way Android sets their lowest volume to. I put in a ticket to talk to someone from Motorola. This seems to be a common setting in Android phones.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi and thanks for getting back to me. I don't think it is defective or anything. This seems to be the way Android sets their lowest volume to. I put in a ticket to talk to someone from Motorola. This seems to be a common setting in Android phones.

Tested my Ultra and have zero issues with volume on the lowest setting when headphones are plugged in.

anon(8331907)

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Oh I see. When I bought the ultra. It prompted me to update to KitKat. I did contact Motorola but haven't heard back. Do you think I should call Verizon?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh I see. When I bought the ultra. It prompted me to update to KitKat. I did contact Motorola but haven't heard back. Do you think I should call Verizon?

Are you sure its KitKat? There was an update but it shouldn't be KitKat. Go to Settings > About Phone. What's your Android Version? I'm on Jelly Bean (4.2.2)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I've had no issues with the volume and ear phones either. In fact, I turn it up about halfway or more while walking and listening to music. Lowest setting is very low! Since you just got your Ultra you might want to take it in to Verizon and ask them to check it against another one and see if it is defective in some way. You could exchange if need be.

feiock

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I agree with the original poster. I just switched from the iPhone 5 to the Moto X, and the lowest volume setting is really loud. I work in an office, and I listen to headphones, and I want the music really soft (kind of background music), and the lowest setting on the Moto X is not even close. I looked around the Play Store for a while looking for an app that can provide more fine-grain control of the volume. If someone know of an app to do this, let me know.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the original poster. I just switched from the iPhone 5 to the Moto X, and the lowest volume setting is really loud. I work in an office, and I listen to headphones, and I want the music really soft (kind of background music), and the lowest setting on the Moto X is not even close. I looked around the Play Store for a while looking for an app that can provide more fine-grain control of the volume. If someone know of an app to do this, let me know.

PlayerPro? There's a free trial and it goes very low. At least for my standards anyways. Then again I've never felt the sound was too loud at its lowest setting.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

swuzy

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I agree Moto X volume way too loud using LG HBS 730 headphones. I feel like I am still next to speakers in dance or concert hall. Clearly can be damaging to ears.

Need an app to finely scale down from lowest current volume. Any suggestions? Everything I am seeing is to boost volume! Not good!

swuzy

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Tried the Player Pro free trial version. It seems to be for managing play lists, etc.
I'm on Pandora, do not see an additional volume control. Decided to uninstall it.
Too too loud !

WinterRain

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys I had the same problem, none of the volume-control apps i tried worked fine but I found that vlc media player has an ecualizer wich allows to control volume and you can set it very low.. Im using this to listen to music in bed or watching anime haha

Jo Klein

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I just bought the Ultra yesterday and uploaded all of my music. When I put my headphones on, I naturally put the volume on the lowest, just above mute. I never listen to music loud. I noticed that even in the lowest setting, it is too loud. It is almost like their version of low is loud. I have looked this up a bit online. Seems like this is an Android thing. Is there anyway to fix this? I tried numerous apps but no luck. I am in the process if contacting Motorola. Great phone just weird flaw.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

I use Fine Volume Control V2.0 to fix the same problem on my moto x. It is working pretty well - 1% "normal" volume on the new Android is my average listening volume.