Motorola Droid Ultra - KitKat update

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Anyone get the KitKat update for their Droid Ultra?

Yes, got it Thursday. Only issue I had was with the launcher I use, Nova Prime. At first pressing my home button took me to the preview page of all home pages. Didn't realize somehow the update had changed my Nova setting. Went into Nova settings, gestures and buttons and changed it back to default page. That fixed that. Everything else has been great and I'm very pleased! I've heard others say that some apps are not working right with KK yet and will need updates. I haven't encountered any other issues with my apps, other than the one at first with Nova.

Christopher Yates1

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
End of Christmas day. Still no update from Verizon. I'm starting to get impatient but I am holding out because I really don't want to root.

I gotta wonder what is taking so long. :confused:

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Got mine today as well. No visible differences to speak of other than the navigator app is gone. Battery has drained a lot more than normal today, we'll see what happens tomorrow with it. Haven't taken any pics yet today either to see those improvements. So, ho hum so far...

Posted via Android Central App

Jdalton1111

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Got mine today as well. No visible differences to speak of other than the navigator app is gone. Battery has drained a lot more than normal today, we'll see what happens tomorrow with it. Haven't taken any pics yet today either to see those improvements. So, ho hum so far...

Funny that you mentioned the navigation app is missing. I'm running smart launcher, and mine is also missing in my groups. I found it by looking it up by searching apps with the letter "N". I switched to ART and my battery is also draining faster!

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
KitKat day 2... Battery life is closer to normal but still worse. This may be caused by all the app updates I seem to be getting today. I looked into the navigator app and it isn't part of the 4.4 kitkat, supposedly you can use google maps now for the same function. And one other thing I noticed, not sure if its different or not since I never paid much attention to it before, on a restart, until I type my password I have the transparent info/icon bar at the top of my screen. As soon as I enter password and go to the home screen its the black bar...