Just got a Droid Ultra, any tips and advice?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't have an Ultra, but it might help others to know what kinds of tips you're looking for. Are you a complete newbie to Android, or is this simply your first Moto device?

Regarding notification sounds, are you trying to select different ones, or add your own?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Then let me suggest this guide:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...uide-getting-started-android-2014-part-i.html
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-getting-started-android-2014-part-ii.html

You can select from a whole variety of notification sounds by going to Settings>Sound>Default notification sound. You can also select different notification sounds for different apps. For example, open Gmail, tap the menu button, then Settings, then your Gmail account, then Inbox Sound--you can select a different notification sound there.

Creating your own notification sound is a little more involved--let us know if you want to know how to do that.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
B. Diddy answered your question about notifications, so without another specific question I would just say be sure to use Moto Assist! It's one of the best features of the new Moto phones, along with Active Notifications. I love the fact that with Assist my phone knows when I'm driving and answers calls and reads texts without me touching my phone at all. And since the last update to Assist, I can speak a text back and send it too without touching the phone. Convenient and a great safety feature! Don't know how I lived without it before my Ultra!

You gotten a great phone....enjoy!!

rudyalexc

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Before I read the ultimate guide: what is the benefit and cost of restricting background data for Google Play Store, because it uses a whole lot of data

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes when I get picture messages they display as a video/slideshow, how do I stop that?

Sent from my DROID Ultra via AC App

I think that has to do with how the person on the other end sent it to you, it's nothing your phone is doing.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I think that has to do with how the person on the other end sent it to you, it's nothing your phone is doing.

The new DROIDs should do a better job of handling them though. Kind of an annoyance.

If the sender sent an MMS with text included, you'll see the issue.

Posted via Android Central App

Rich Brown2

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
three hours in and I can't seem to get my Droid Ultra to synch with my 2008 BMW 5-series Bluetooth - have I made a mistake or is there some workaround out there on in a forum here? I finally got it to work! thanks for the tip!

Last edited:

rudyalexc

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The new DROIDs should do a better job of handling them though. Kind of an annoyance.

If the sender sent an MMS with text included, you'll see the issue.

Posted via Android Central App

AGREED. It annoys the living hell out of me. It appears as a video with text blocking the SHRUNKEN picture. That should NOT happen.

Christian Bottorff

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. I just got the ultra today and I am extremely sad to find out that it doesn't support sd cards.
I have all my music on the card from my last phone and I don't want to have to download everything all over again.
Any advice?
Thanks! ;p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX