Free Droid X with Verizon Contract

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
The DX with gingerbread is a POS. The update makes the phone lock up, reboot and lose all connectivity until reboot. Expect reboots twice a day.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
The DX with gingerbread is a POS. The update makes the phone lock up, reboot and lose all connectivity until reboot. Expect reboots twice a day.

Not here... While I have had some issues since the GB update, nothing like that. Something must be wrong with your phone. Perhaps a user-installed app that isn't fully compatible with Gingerbread?

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Check the GB thread. There are many people having the same problem. Even factory reset and replacement phones do not fix it. Verizon has put a halt to Gingerbread updates from Moto because of the issue.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Check the GB thread. There are many people having the same problem. Even factory reset and replacement phones do not fix it. Verizon has put a halt to Gingerbread updates from Moto because of the issue.
All I can really say is from personal experience. I know there are some issues with the update on VZW phones and that VZW is supposedly holding back on updates, but still... I am not having that problem with my Droid X updated to Gingerbread.

I've had two semi-serious issues with the update, one was fixed thanks to these forums (lost email account settings) and the other a viable work-around was suggested in these forums (Visual Voicemail issues).

I have not seen phone freezes lockups or reboots.

boomerbsg

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My DX with GB is fine too. Keep in mind on forums and the internet, you will always hear about the bad and not so much about the good.

Cheers

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
But if you add a phone to your account now wouldnt that phone that you add be on the tier data plan and not on the "unlimited one" as your other phones would be on ? As any new accounts would now be too.
Since the 7/7/2011 date has now passed.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
But if you add a phone to your account now wouldnt that phone that you add be on the tier data plan and not on the "unlimited one" as your other phones would be on ? As any new accounts would now be too.
Since the 7/7/2011 date has now passed.
So what is he supposed to do, not get a new smartphone?

Also, he didn't say whether or not his wife is currently using a smartphone data plan or not. It could be an upgrade from a Crapberry or a WinMob for all we know, which would qualify to keep her current unlimited plan.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
So what is he supposed to do, not get a new smartphone?

Also, he didn't say whether or not his wife is currently using a smartphone data plan or not. It could be an upgrade from a Crapberry or a WinMob for all we know, which would qualify to keep her current unlimited plan.

Also, I doubt she would use more than 2GB of data anyway. I use around 1-1.5 and I don't think my wife has ever cracked 400 or 500 mb.

Michlo

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

Please don't make blanket statements. None of that has happened to me and I've had Gingerbread for a month. I'd suggest it has more to do with your equipment and / or (more likely) steps YOU have taken such as rooting, etc.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Please don't make blanket statements. None of that has happened to me and I've had Gingerbread for a month. I'd suggest it has more to do with your equipment and / or (more likely) steps YOU have taken such as rooting, etc.

+1

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech