Might be getting a Droid X tomorrow..

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a Samsung Fascinate now but I've been wanting a Droid X. What do you guys think? Should I get one?

Sent from my Fascinate using Tapatalk.

shannonkish

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I switched from a fascinate to a dx. I miss the slimness of my fascibate, but the dx is comparable.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

KJoFan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Lol, because I found a DX on Craigslist for $150 and I've always wanted one. I know the DX2 is better, but it should be better than my Fascinate. Lol

Makes sense, just was curious. I don't know as the DX2 is really much "better" than the DX. I say if you find a good deal on an original X like that, go for it!

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I say go for it. At the very worst if you don't like it you can probably sell it for at least the amount you pay for it.

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Avoid at all costs. The DX with GB is a POS. Expect to reboot twice a day, lose all connectivity randomly, lose GPS, etc. Just check the GB post.

KJoFan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Avoid at all costs. The DX with GB is a POS. Expect to reboot twice a day, lose all connectivity randomly, lose GPS, etc. Just check the GB post.

Been running GB on my DX since a bit before official release and have not had a bad experience. I do get random reboots from time to time (maybe 1 every 7th day or so) and have had the connectivity loss once. I wouldn't call that a deal breaker. Minor annoyances, yes.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
My DX runs perfectly on the OTA Gingerbread. Not one reboot or issue of any kind since installing it. I suspect that it's more of a software conflict than a DX or a GB issue. I think it could even be a conflict with moto blur (I use Launcher Pro). Anyway...the DX is a great phone. Having said that, if this is a money issue (sounds like it is from your OP), and you're resorting to buying used devices off of Craigslist, I'd hold off. If you're not satisfied with your facinate, I doubt the DX will change your world. Wait for your next update time and get a duel core 4G phone. If you've got money to blow, go for it.

leeroydaboy

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
If you aren't up for any subsidized upgrades anytime soon, go for the used X. I've had mine for about a year. I love it. But for $150 is the person selling going to include a Micro SD card or no?

mdkpnj

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had my DX for about 3 months now. Running GB, rooted, odexed. I have had virtually 0 problems with GB or before that with Froyo. The few problems I have had I've been able to trace to applications (i.e remove the app and the problem goes away). I wish that before people speak about something being a major problem, that they give some context. What are you running, overclocked, major apps,..., If the DX were as bad as some people here seem to say, none of us would be here. I think generalities do not help any conversation, could mislead people, and are of no real value.

Just my .02.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37