Really!! I feel like I've been screwed over!!

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I have just received my replacement phone and of course it came with GB which I didn't want!! So I have noticed so changes I'm not to fond of and maybe I'm missing something so I figure I'll ask: Is it me or am I seeing things? First I notice I have less control of my camera there is no ISO, or REVIEW time. Why the heck is this missing? I noticed I can't download from market unless WiFi is on and connected to a network(REALLY). Whats up with that? These to are major concerns to me cause these changes are aggravating!

So am I missing something in the setting or did they really screw these options up like this?!!

If there is no work around or I'm not missing something then I feel like the developers of GB SCREWED ME!!

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
....Now WTF they do to the camera setting!!! Is there a work around or another camera app to down load?? :confused:

For some reason I noticed that all apps including the stock ones for cameras has been removing the ISO option from the menus for the Droid X device.. Maybe its a software restriction to the hardware, I cant say for sure but I haven't had to use it to get some good shots... Usually lighting is usually the quirk but I have learned to work around this.

Last edited:

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
They also removed the review time and the picture disappears fast. I'm playing around with camera zoom FX to see how it works

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Download a different camera...there are many to choose from. I've always heard good things about vignette. Keep in mind that you have a phone that has a camera added to it. If your serious about pictures, no cell phone is going to do it for you.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Download a different camera...there are many to choose from. I've always heard good things about vignette. Keep in mind that you have a phone that has a camera added to it. If your serious about pictures, no cell phone is going to do it for you.

The single good thing I can say about the Blackberry Storm II (my previous device) is that it has a pretty decent camera for a phone. But yeah, in general cameras on phones are not that good. The sensors are too small for the pixel counts (really? 8MP on a sensor smaller than a pencil's eraser?), really cheap lens elements, and an outer surface that just asks for dirt and smudges.

It's good for some things, but if you want quality photos, get a real camera. And decent real cameras (Nikon, Canon, Casio, Samsung, Pentax, etc) start less expensive than a smartphone, even with the carrier subsidy.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I just like having options on my phone, I'm a Realtor and sometimes the camera came in handy and froyo I had descent camera options.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I just like having options on my phone, I'm a Realtor and sometimes the camera came in handy and froyo I had descent camera options.

Well, Vignette appears to have the camera options you're looking for, and it's my default camera app. It does take longer to process the photos and there was a "feature switch" between the built-in app and Vignette with the GB release: The built-in can now not make a noise when taking a picture and Vignette now cannot silence the default noise when taking a picture.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463