Droid X Sensors Not Working

Redcliffe

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks! My sensors stopped working yesterday. Hard keys don't light up, auto rotate doesn't work, etc. I've searched everywhere, but I haven't had any luck finding my particular issue. I'm still running froyo, rooted with z4, on apex rom, Android overclock. I've tried everything I know. Flashing to a backup, checked setting and can't find anything. Any ideas before I try factory reset?

Redcliffe

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Can someone at least point me to a link? I seriously can't find a thing related to none of the sensors working. Flashing to backups does nothing for it.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks! My sensors stopped working yesterday. Hard keys don't light up, auto rotate doesn't work, etc. I've searched everywhere, but I haven't had any luck finding my particular issue. I'm still running froyo, rooted with z4, on apex rom, Android overclock. I've tried everything I know. Flashing to a backup, checked setting and can't find anything. Any ideas before I try factory reset?

U can try a factory reset but it sounds to be a hardware failure and you more then likely need a replacement

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
you flash to backups, cant you just factory reset it and then restore the backup? In order to get a replacement you are going to have to factory reset it anyway. Might as well do it on your own and see if that works.

Redcliffe

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
you flash to backups, cant you just factory reset it and then restore the backup? In order to get a replacement you are going to have to factory reset it anyway. Might as well do it on your own and see if that works.

Yes sir/ma'am. I've done it several times with no luck. Would it help if I unroot first?

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You might try SBFing back to stock unrooted. If your sensors start working again, root and restore your backups. If not, take to VZW for replacement as at that point your hardware sounds fried.

And you definitely want to SBF before returning to VZW.